rehoming help please!!

theresema

Jun 19, 2023
Parrots
kakarikis
Does anyone know any reputable bird sanctuaries in the north west UK? I need to rehome my two birds asap as my mental health has gotten really bad to the point where I haven't let them out of their cage for weeks at a time and they're clearly very unhappy and stressed. They need to go to a home where they can get the care and attention they need. Thank you :)

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Could you try contacting avian veterinarians in your area and asking if they have any bird rescues/sanctuaries that they work with or recommend?

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
I'm so sorry to hear that. I live in the UK and about a year ago I was researching rehoming my flock and contacted some rescues/ sanctuaries. The general consensus was that no-one could take them, I guess because they weren't in abusive conditions or anything like that. Hopefully I don't have to rehome them now but if I do then I'm going to do it the way I got some of my birds. Pets4homes is where I got a couple of mine from, where people were rehoming their parrots. This way you can choose who they go to as well as give them all the toys/food etc. you have for them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts