Rehoming Patagonian conure

Dusty77

Mar 21, 2020
After 3 years of going back and forth on whether this is the right decision for both me and my parrot, Cooper, I have decided to seek a new home for him. I recently lost my other parrot and it has devastated my world and Coopers. I work 3 jobs and travel to Alaska almost monthly as well as internationally for months at a time yearly. Having two birds made me feel like they would keep each other company while my life became more and more complicated. Now that I only have one I realize I am not being and cannot be fair to Cooper in providing him the life he deserves and needs. It breaks my heart knowing I cannot give him what he deserves and I desperately want him to have a home that has the time to provide the mental stimulation and love that a parrot needs!

Cooper is 14 years old, loves belly rubs, fetching, kisses, pasta, and wrestling under covers. He is also pretty moody, loud, and bossy (he's a very typical Patagonian Conure). I am looking for someone who has past parrot experience, is preferably over 30, and owns their home. I am willing to drive within 300 miles of Missoula, MT and could fly with him just about anywhere for a home that was a perfect fit. I am not willing to compromise on his next home, will have a contract, need 3 references (one being a vet).

Attachments

• 6A3EAF43-5ED0-4E11-AF89-091001B44738.png
    6A3EAF43-5ED0-4E11-AF89-091001B44738.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 453B0D85-7E27-4BC3-803F-33661A0342DF.png
    453B0D85-7E27-4BC3-803F-33661A0342DF.png
    253.2 KB · Views: 141

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I hope you are able to stay in contact with whoever you rehome too. Wishing your and Cooper well!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am so sorry for your loss. I do hope Cooper finds a wonderful home. I am so happy to hear that you aren't going to compromise Cooper's well being to just find him a quick home. That's amazing that you are requiring contract, and a vet as a reference.

bordercolliema59

Nov 24, 2021
Parrots
none at the moment but I am looking
Hi there if you are serious about re homing him I would love to have him . Yes I have 3 references and also a vet and also have friends who will vouch for me and being a good parrot parent . I live in south carolina and it is quite nice here . Im 60 and own my own home and Im not going anywhere anytime soon .msg me thanks

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
So terribly sorry to hear of your heartbreaks. If any of the materials in my signature below can help find a happy transition for Cooper, please help yourself.
Best of luck to you, precious Cooper, very best of luck...

millmoss

Apr 4, 2022
Parrots
Pete, rescued Patagonian Conure
Dusty,

Did you end up finding a home for him? I currently have a Patagonian Conure that I rescued from the Costco parking lot here in Wilmington, NC. I've been thinking for a while now that he needs a parrot friend, but Patagonian conures aren't all that common, and I didn't want to go with a larger or smaller species. Anyway, I found your post - I know its older - and wanted to reach out.

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
I'm so sorry for the loss of your other bird.
I'm glad you are trying your best to give him the life he really needs. That's really good to hear.
And I hope your conure will find a loving and amazing home that he can call his own, hopefully thriving along the way.
He's really adorable too!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Please be aware that new members are unable to access our direct messaging service until they have amassed a total of 10 posts on the open forum. In the meantime, anyone with fewer than 10 posts who wishes to contact another member or vice versa, please feel free to send a message to any one of the Mod team, @LaManuka, @saxguy64, or @Terry57, and we will be happy to forward your messages and/or contact info on for you :)

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
………
I wrote a Patagonian tutorial... the link is in my signature………
Let me save you some reading!
First page, "Waking up, realize how blessed you are to be able to minister to, THE FEATHERED ONE(TFO)", for another day!
Approach, TFO, eyes down, with his chosen breakfast banquet of the moment!
Always remember, never direct eye contact with, TFO!
It is wise to have your spouse/partner nearby at all times! But NEVER in line of sight! This is important for the times, TFO, demands a blood sacrifice!

Squeeing_Onion

Oct 10, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
"Bongo" - Green Cheek Conure
“Echo” - Indian Ringneck
"Chicken" - Sun Conure, rest in peace, my precious friend.
Has he found a home? I’m so sorry for your loss and difficult situation. Little guy is blessed he has someone who cares so much for his wellbeing.

Most Reactions

Latest posts