Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I know this forum hasn't been used when we have lost a person, but we think it is the perfect place to remember our Dear Jim, surrounded by beloved birds.

Jim (AmyMyBlueFront) joined the forum on April 14, 2015. He joined our hearts not long after that.
Jim was friendly, kind, helpful and funny, and he was so easy to get to know and a person couldn't help but love him. His complete adoration for his birds, Amy & The Beebs was so beautiful to read about.
I'm sure he was greeted by his beloved Smokey, and that he will continue to keep an eye on Amy and BB.

Jim helped so many people and their birds through the years here, and made many friends. When someone was down he was always there to make them smile, and to let them know that he cared. Both the forum and we as individuals have lost someone who can never be replaced.
The Mod team wishes to extend our deepest condolences to all who loved him, and also add a thank you to his brother, David (@JimsBrother ), for letting us know.

This thread is going to be a sticky, so that Jim will always be honoured and remembered on this forum he loved so much.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Jim and I struck up a friendship on the ParrotForums almost as soon as I joined. We had several play dates with his Amy and my Salty, alternating going to each others house, about a 2-3 hr drive each way. Not only did he and I have a friendship but our parrots did too. I would get within 2 blocks of Jim's house and Salty would start calling for Amy! He and I took the birds to visit the local pet shop to say hi to the conures, parakeets and who ever else was there. The shop staff were always happy to see both Amy and Jim! It was his turn to visit us, and he and I were just talking about it a few weeks ago. Many a beer was quaffed, many a story told ( bikers, both of us).

Jim, Geri and I and Salty will never forget you, my dear, dear friend. I hope you're kicking back with a cold one and talking with Smokey.

R.I.P to a true parrot lover.

Amy and Salty first time meeting

user26447_pic16737_1469018241-jpg.36586

Attachments

• user26447_pic16737_1469018241.jpg
    user26447_pic16737_1469018241.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Al, that reminded me... Jim had invited me and Baxter to join him on one of those road trips down your way. I was so honored that he thought to ask. Sadly, the timing made it impossible for me to go, but I so appreciated the offer. He really was a friend to all who knew him.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I joined a few years after Jim. He was a steady, kind , friendly, supportive member.

I loved the stories he shared. Especially when he took Amy for a car ride!! His joy in Amy's joy! His humor that Amy was actually a boy.
parrot. His sweet BB...

Please let his parrots feel our love and know they are in all our prayers.

Thank you Wrench in sharing you parrots meeting photo. Beautiful

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Oh, I have no words. This is such a big loss for the entire PF family, and I NEVER, never ever thought this would happen anytime soon. I don't think any of us did.
I admit, I barely knew Jim. I've only been here for about six months, and as far as I'm concerned he only replied to my post once in that time.
But I noticed him, I saw his posts, and they were amazing. Just reading them just brought so much joy. His wonderful personality was infectious and...
And...
Virtual hugs to whoever is reading this ❤️

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I met Jim when he first joined, and in all this time he has only called me "Miss Terry".
I always loved that.
His heart was so big, and he was always so kind. He has been such an important part of the PF family & he was a good friend to me. I am really going to miss him, and my heart goes out to his family.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I loved reading about Amy, and his similarities to our own Amazon. Jim seemed like a really great guy, and I am shocked & deeply saddened to hear of his passing. I hope you’re doing well, if you read this David! Our thoughts are with you and your family in this trying time. :( I am not in your area, but if there is any way we can assist (and if you’re allowed to ask on the forums) please let us know.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I so enjoyed Jim's outsized forum presence and geniality. We have lost a kindhearted, amiable Friend. Dearly hope David's recovery proceeds well, wishing the very best for Amy and BB as they confront a world upended.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Dearest Jim, you will always be my Lilly’s favourite “Uncle Jim” to me, and I was so delighted when you started calling me “Aunty Marty”. It saddens me so much to know that we will never see another post from you, so full of your trademark wisdom and gentle good humour, your kindness and your care, but your contributions and presence here have made such a huge and positive impact on the lives of so many of us, and your legacy will never be forgotten. I will be forever grateful to have known you, Uncle Jim, and thankful that I did not miss the opportunity to tell you that I loved you before you were taken from us so suddenly. My prayers are with your beloved brother and son, and precious Amy and BB too, and I am sending all possible love and strength their way as they deal with the devastating pain of your loss.

I cannot bring myself to say “goodbye” to you, Uncle Jim, so instead I will say “until we meet again.” 🙏

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Oh I am so saddened to read this. Jim's generous heart and humor in all his posts are a big part of what made me want to join the forum instead of just lurking.

Big hugs to all of you, and to David and Amy and BB.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
When I became a member of Parrotforum many moons ago. I wrote an Introduction of my past exercises and knowledge of Amazons. Jim was one of the early individuals to Post to my introduction stating that there are many Amazon folks on the Forum and he was sure that I would be welcomed. He was so very correct.

Jim's joy of his Amy was clear. They had been having a happy life together. As I recall, Jim was an over-the-road trucker and Amy would travel with him. That was likely the foundation for both his and Amy's joy of "go outside, ride in car." Something that both of them clearly enjoyed as did the staff at the many places of business that they visited on different trips.

My Dear Friend; Your kindness was always on your shoulder, right next to your smile and Amy on the other shoulder. You will be missed my friend, but when it is my turn to cross over that bridge. I know that you will be there with your smiling face and welcoming words.

Missing You Dear Friend..

Last edited:

Most Reactions