Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Much like BIRDIGIRL keeps a running thread on Mr. Biggles,
who I am his biggest fan, I am going to so the same for Salty,
so I don't clog up the board with endless posts.

Right now he is in the bedroom with Geri and I chewing up today's bills. GOOD BOY! Before, he enjoyed his Friday night pizza crust and his favorite .. a chicken bone. He loves marrow.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
So, all future Posts regarding Salty will be right here and not spread around the Parrot Forum? Good for the Amazon Forum and a loss to the others since Salty is a true Staring member of the Amazon Forum.

Look forward to regular Salty Updates!

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Enjoying that pizza crust and chicken bone are ya Salty...Mr Biggles is jealous :) Actually you will enjoy all the posts in the one place because then you can easily move backwards and forwards in the posts and see just how your progressing.
I say Yay to the new Salty Thread and Im looking forward to all the Salty posts and updates...keep em coming :)

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Sleeping. But not til he had a great training session where he showed me that he will retrieve and put into his bowl ANY ball I give him....whiffleball, rubber ball, tennis ball, all of them (all miniature ones of course), and he does so so gently, it's really amazing in one so young and exuberant. Then he got a thorough scratchie and we played rough for awhile. A few grapes for dessert and then to bed. G'nite, buddy.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Pizza crust and chicken bones,also a mega hit with Amy. At times I will give her a real piece of pizza..cheese,peppers and sauce included..I always get a chuckle seeing her beaky all sauced up,with her tongue trying to lick it off.
Goofy girl that she is ;)

Jim

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Sleeping. But not til he had a great training session where he showed me that he will retrieve and put into his bowl ANY ball I give him....whiffleball, rubber ball, tennis ball, all of them (all miniature ones of course), and he does so so gently, it's really amazing in one so young and exuberant. Then he got a thorough scratchie and we played rough for awhile. A few grapes for dessert and then to bed. G'nite, buddy.

Great work Salty Great Job :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Right now he is in the bedroom with Geri and I chewing up today's bills. GOOD BOY!

LOL, a new take on the old adage "my dog ate my homework!!"

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Chilling out in the big cage after spending a few hours outside in his travel cage, in the sun, with mommy. She fed him some walnuts pieces and he ate this mornings pepper chop mixed with pear pieces with gusto. Speaking of his chop this is red, green peppers, some jalapeño peppers, kale, spinach, arugala, carrots, and Romain lettuce, mixed with uncooked orzo to absorb water. He dug in like a shovel. I went to toys are us and got some new training stuff, thanks Mary, so look for some new videos . If he masters these, he truly does have the intellegence of a 2 year old. Stacking cups, a new take on his colored rings, different animals to choose from, and a small xylophone with colored keys. We have a lot of fun and work in front of us. I felt he has become bored with our usual evening training sessions.... these will certainly challenge him.
Get ready, buddy, schools in session later!!

msdeb

Dec 22, 2013
texas
Parrots
Charlie the birdie, yellow naped amazon and little bird, a monk parrot , and Polly -yellow crowned amazon
Before, he enjoyed his Friday night pizza crust and his favorite .. a chicken bone. He loves marrow.[/QUOTE]

I have never given my birds a chicken bone so I am curious, how does one serve a chicken bone? I am boiling chicken now for dinner so will a boiled chicken leg (minus most of the meat ) work or should it be baked or fried? :confused::)

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
We strip it of most meat, leave the soft knobs. Thigh and leg bones depending on the size of your parrot. Salty is a small amazon, so I break leg bones in half. LOL, right now he is barking his Fool head off and laughing like crazy, cuz mom is making dinner and he will get one of his favs, a corn wheel. He will need his young stamina tonite!

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Wow I cant wait to see the videos of Salty learning to play with all the new toys ...kids toys are cool arent they...I saw a xylophone here in one of the stores I go to but I dont think Mr Biggles is quiete ready for it yet...maybe in a while I will get it for him but right now I think it would scare him...he is getting better but he can be a real scardy cat when it comes to new toys...sounds like Salty is going to have s ball with all these new toys...I cant wait for the videos as Salty is such a Great character and very clever and now obviously very musical too . I am already looking forward to the xylophone video in particular :)

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
When I give Amy chicken bones,its usually the gam. I don't really get any excess meat off it either,whatever I can't chew off the bone stays,and Amy gleefully munches on that also.
Beebs seems nervous about them,but I think its because before realizing he'd rather have lunch with me,so the next time I have chicken,I'm gonna put the bone on his "plate" < yup,he has his very own plastic plate :rolleyes:> and set it down here on my desk and see what he does with it.

Jim

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Keeping a list of tricks Salty knows, so I don't forget, myself!

1. Circle
2. Roll over
3. Play dead
4. Laddering with chop sticks
5. Shakes hands
6. Goes thru ring
7. Goes thru tunnel, frontwards and backwards ( peek-a-boo)
8. Puts colored rings on posts
9. Harness training
10 Carries and puts whiffle ball into cup

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Keeping a list of tricks Salty knows, so I don't forget, myself!

1. Circle
2. Roll over
3. Play dead
4. Laddering with chop sticks
5. Shakes hands
6. Goes thru ring
7. Goes thru tunnel, frontwards and backwards ( peek-a-boo)
8. Puts colored rings on posts
9. Harness training
10 Carries and puts whiffle ball into cup
Wow Salty has a whole lot of tricks...mr Biggles has some catching up to do...what sort of tunnel did you use...Mr Biggles doesnt like tunnels at all on in fact he doesnt like going through a ring either only that he sees a peanut on the other side of the ring and even at that he will navigate all possibilities of going under over or around the ring rather than go through and it is only as a last resort in order to get his sliver of peanut that he will then go through the ring to get his reward. Salty has a whole lot of tricks...clever boy....Hes an Adorable boy and a Fab character :)

Most Reactions