Rocco's unexpected scream

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
I live in a subdivision so I always worry about being a nuisance to the neighbors. Usually there are dogs barking all over the neighborhood, kids screaming and loud music, sometimes english sometimes not. So it is by no means a quiet place to live. No one has ever, surprisingly, complained about the noise that comes from my house. I have a very obnoxious dog that I have been contemplating getting a shock collar for. Whenever she barks it makes the birds sound off. Rome used to scream, now she barks instead. Rocco... well Rocco screams but his scream sounds exactly like a very overexcited little girl who is meeting Justin Bieber. I honestly thought there was some kid in the back yard. I guess he'll fit right in. ;)

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
Haha. I was like.. When did you get an Ekkie?

I'm trying to teach my Macaw a scream like that (But not so loud.) I want her to go Ahhhhh when I play with her toes.

OP
Molcan2

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
Hes no where near as loud as Rome. Its funny when you get to a certain point in your life where a bird is screaming and your like 'oh thats cute.'

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
The sound imagery you just gave made me laugh and disturb Hubs who's sleeping next to me! Too funny!

OP
Molcan2

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Haha. I was like.. When did you get an Ekkie?

I'm trying to teach my Macaw a scream like that (But not so loud.) I want her to go Ahhhhh when I play with her toes.

We've only had him since Thursday night. I have been secretly looking for one.

OP
Molcan2

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Its pretty cute.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
To me, my Senegal is much more annoying as far as noise goes than my Eclectus because with the Senegal, it's almost constant sometimes.

Fiwi

Feb 26, 2012
Maryland
Parrots
5 YO Red Sided Eclectus
That's funny! We smuggled Emmett into my in-law's condo for a week. I was worried about him screaming when we left, but he decided to imitate the osprey instead. Parrot? What parrot? No parrot here!

Most Reactions

Latest posts