Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
I'd place traps near your car with enticing treats. maybe you can rid of them.

also, if you haven't searched your local junk yards you could get used replacement parts for very cheap and perhaps do the fix yourself? If it's older than ten years it's fairly easy to find the used parts you need, not so easy if it's new.

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Scott,
Have you looked into some of the electronic pest repelling devices. I remember seeing them advertised a while back (something like "As Seen on TV").
I'm not sure if they are even effective, but if the ultrasonic sound does not bother your birds, it may be a non poison alternative. Just give them a headache when they get near your car and hopefully they stay away.

Thanks
Kelly, Karl, and Arika

I have and the consensus is they are worthless paperweights! Some claim the sound is a minor irritant to rodents that is overcome by the need for food and shelter.

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

I'd place traps near your car with enticing treats. maybe you can rid of them.

also, if you haven't searched your local junk yards you could get used replacement parts for very cheap and perhaps do the fix yourself? If it's older than ten years it's fairly easy to find the used parts you need, not so easy if it's new.

I think traps and some spray fluids to deter are the best way to begin. Problem is there are so many items such as petroleum products, capsaicin, peppermint, etc. Just heard Lemon Pledge sends them away!

Car is newer and heavily electronic. Unless damage is plainly visible I'd have no way of troubleshooting.

Maybe I should just get a bike?! :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Scott, a squirrel attempted to make a nest under the hood of my car a couple of years ago, she chewed through a cluster of wires on two occasions, the car had been driven that afternoon. Very expensive to repair the damage. I didn't want to use toxins so I've been using this product for a couple of years, I haven't had a single critter incident since.

I prefer the granules, I just sprinkle it on the ground around the car, your neighbors may think you're nuts but it's the best solution I've found so far.

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Scott, a squirrel attempted to make a nest under the hood of my car a couple of years ago, she chewed through a cluster of wires on two occasions, the car had been driven that afternoon. Very expensive to repair the damage. I didn't want to use toxins so I've been using this product for a couple of years, I haven't had a single critter incident since.

I prefer the granules, I just sprinkle it on the ground around the car, your neighbors may think you're nuts but it's the best solution I've found so far.

Thanks for the tip, Allee! Bought some this afternoon, but the big box store did not have granules so I bought the spray. Applied liberally to each wheel well, the underside of the doors, front/rear bumpers, and sections of the engine compartment that were bare metal. Stuff doesn't smell pleasant, for sure. But if it works....

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I feel for you, Scott! The liquid smelled atrocious but it worked and I never saw any signs that it hurt the wildlife in any way.

Most Reactions

Latest posts