Rosette Parrot??

x-Louise-x

May 6, 2007
hi im new here and i have signed up as i have recently been given a parrot from a neighbour. he whistles alot morning and night and the neighbour told us he is a Rosette parrot. i have been surfing the internet to find out more on this breed but i cant find a thing. im very frustrated as i do not know anything about my parrot. he whistles his own little song, a smoke alarm, doorbell, alarm, nokia message tone and also wolf whistles bless him could anyone have any idea of this parrots breed or any information about this parrot? thanks alot

he has a red head with white jus under his beak, yellow belly followed by green with a light blue like tail and a bit of red in the middle. his wings are blue and a greeensih yellow colour

Last edited:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Louise,

would it be possible to post a picture so we could help you with identification? Welcome to our forum, there is a lot of information to be had here ... I am sure we can help you out with this one!

~ Tex :50:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah if you can post a picture that would be great, it sounds a little bit like a Rosella? But with a picture I'm sure someone here will be able to identify it, Ohhhhh I do love a challenge. :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Sorry forgot to say

WELCOME TO YOU
AND YOUR NEW FID.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
After trying for a while to get pics of my rosellas showing off their colours I realised they weren't gonna play the game, so found some, these are Golden Mantle Rosella's, (but there are many different colors now)

pic009.jpg

You can see the colouring better on this one.
rosellaparakeet.jpg
Do they look anything like your guy?

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Last edited:
OP
X

x-Louise-x

May 6, 2007
yeh them pictures look very very simular this is a pic of a rosella i found on google search and it matches the same colours as mine, i need to get a camra to take a pic of him hiself but this picture has amaised me cus it looks a split image lol i need to find more info bout him now i wonder if he will be able to talk hehe thanks alot xx

Attachments

• rosella.jpg
    rosella.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
My two have never said anything, but they do give out a lovely whistle for different things. Make sure you spend a lot of time with him as they do have a tendency to turn wild again. But with ongoing work you can have a lovely friendly guy there. Rosellas are lovely birds and can and will be very loving. :D

MissyMe

May 9, 2007
Ft Walton Beach, FL
Parrots
Rocky The Cockatiel
Bourbon the Budgie
&
Buzz the Timneh African Grey
They are such beautiful birds. We had a couple a few years ago and I just loved going down to their avairy and listening to them call out. However, ours were never really as quiet as your new bird. When you get them nice and young they become very tame and make good companion pets.

Most Reactions