Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6
Does your Ekkie make this same loud call? I can't figure out what it means. She does it quite a few times per day.

[ame="https://youtu.be/B67zssR3wgY"]Ruby's Fire Alarm! - YouTube[/ame]

My foster eckie made an "air horn" sound, which she did primarily when she wanted attention...

Hee hee there must be a lot of evacuations in your house when Rubys fire alarm goes off...funny the things they pick up LoL :)

That sounds like an alarm cry, but much quieter. Parker makes the same multi pulsed scream, 10x louder, for 2 reasons:

1. our attention when he's particularly peeved that we've left the room (rare; more often it's when we take the dog outside to potty)

2. When he's in the window and someone walks by (more common; can't let him in the window much for this reason or it sends the dog into an anxiety panic attack)

Why she's doing it so quietly...I have no idea.

Oh it's NOT quiet. I have no idea why the mic on my iPhone didn't pick up how loud it is. It's ear-piercing.

Our U2 does it--usually when we are too loud as a family at the dinner table! She can flat out clear the dinner table with it. :)

Oh it's NOT quiet. I have no idea why the mic on my iPhone didn't pick up how loud it is. It's ear-piercing.

When Tequila makes her noise, my parents can hear here from over a couple of acres away LOL. They live just up the road from us, and I have heard my eccy go off from there. That's how loud she is.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back