Sad update....

crookedbird

Apr 12, 2017
PA
Parrots
Black-Capped Conure, Cinnamon Green-Cheek Conure, African Ringneck Parakeet, Canary-Winged Parakeet
The baby is dead already. I think I made it aspirate. It was so quick and so horrifying and he died in my hands. I can't describe how devastated I am, so I'm just never going to post on here again. Thank you to everyone who tried so hard to help me so this wouldn't happen.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm so very sorry for your loss, @crookedbird. You did everything that you could have done, more than many would have I think, but these tiny baby birds are just so terribly fragile. My sincere condolences go out to you, @crookedbird, it must have been a heartbreaking thing to witness.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, precious tiny one, my prayers go with you πŸ™

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
I'm so sorry you lost your wee baby. Please try to take comfort in knowing you tried your best, and reached out for help when you needed it. Things can change so quickly and sudden loss is always hard.

D

Deleted member 42416

You may have done everything right! Day 1 chicks are very difficult. Also, hybrid babies are not guaranteed to survive and may often have issues that don’t allow them to survive. Please do not blame yourself.

I am so sorry for your loss.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am sorry for your loss. Try to stick around here if you can. This parrot forum is a great resource for parrot ownership. It's also a very supportive place. It truly is hard to find a lot of people who own parrots in a local community. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Hold in there! Don't be too hard on yourself.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I'm so sorry, please stick around, even full-time experienced breeders make mistakes!
Godspeed little guy ❀️

Edit: I'm also very sorry about the comment to stop breeding (deleted by mods) that I made on your original thread. A lot of people come on here breeding or wanting to breed birds with no experience, so I may have overreacted.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
First, I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. You truly did everything you could and I agree with everyone above that this could have happened to anyone.
I hope you will stay, we'd love to be there for you.
If it is too painful now, I hope you will return later.
Again, I'm so sorry.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm so very sorry, my deepest condolences for the loss of your little one. Accidents happen despite your best intentions and care. Please forgive yourself and allow his precious memories to comfort as you grieve.

Most Reactions

Latest posts