Safe items?

Jun 1, 2022
Media
Previous-Sydney, Australia current-Utah, USA
Parrots
Senegal parrot(male)Percival
Green budgie(male) Buckbeak
Clear wing budgie(female) Rowena
Ok so I’m moving soon and unfortunately the only place for my budgies and Senegal to be is the kitchen! I know your not supposed to house birds in the kitchen but I don’t have allot of options, now this is not a full kitchen it won’t have oven or stove; so I’m wondering what I can use that’s safe for my birds I was probably going to use a stainless steel air fryer/toaster oven as stainless steel is usually safe and some kind of stove top that can be placed on the counter top, don’t know if there is any way of doing this safely? If not I’ll try figure something else out, any advice??

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I would put the birds in their cages when I am cooking food to prevent their getting injured. I would also always use the exhaust fans or adequate ventilation. Or using a microwave oven more than a toaster oven, for example.

In general, it would probably be better if you can keep your birds in a different spot. Then again, my living room is next to the kitchen and birds are in living room. I always have fans going when I cook and birds are never out or on their cages when I cook.

OP
Percival the great
Jun 1, 2022
Media
Parrots
I would put the birds in their cages when I am cooking food to prevent their getting injured. I would also always use the exhaust fans or adequate ventilation. Or using a microwave oven more than a toaster oven, for example.

In general, it would probably be better if you can keep your birds in a different spot. Then again, my living room is next to the kitchen and birds are in living room. I always have fans going when I cook and birds are never out or on their cages when I cook. maybe I’ll find a way to have them in the other room when I cook

In general, it would probably be better if you can keep your birds in a different spot. Then again, my living room is next to the kitchen and birds are in living room. I always have fans going when I cook and birds are never out or on their cages when I cook.
Maybe I’ll look into finding a way to have them in the other room when I cook, don’t you wish there was an ultimate parrot hand book with every thing that’s bad for them!
Thanks this helps! i wont have a microwave just a air fryer/toaster oven and counter top stove, but I’m sure I’ll figure something out, again thank you for the advice👍

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Maybe I’ll look into finding a way to have them in the other room when I cook, don’t you wish there was an ultimate parrot hand book with every thing that’s bad for them!
Thanks this helps! i wont have a microwave just a air fryer/toaster oven and counter top stove, but I’m sure I’ll figure something out, again thank you for the advice👍
I think a microwave would be the safest, actually. No fumes unless you did something really wrong.

OP
Percival the great
Jun 1, 2022
Media
Parrots
I think a microwave would be the safest, actually. No fumes unless you did something really wrong.
Yeah I wish I could use one unfortunately I don’t really eat anything that requires a microwave, I make most of my food from scratch, downfall of trying to be healthy:(

Most Reactions

Latest posts