Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Now I understand why my friend was fooled by a starling - I don't remember what kind of bird it was mimicing but she thought it was something else and then she saw the starling 😅
I didn't know their mimicing voice is so "clear"

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Now I understand why my friend was fooled by a starling - I don't remember what kind of bird it was mimicing but she thought it was something else and then she saw the starling 😅
I didn't know, either! I agree, he was crazy clear😍

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
What a clear sweet voice this little beauty has!

Hahaha that was so cool. My favourite part is at the 32 second mark when it sounds like it's doing R2D2 from star wars.
Just goes to show that not only parrots can mimic sounds. Maybe the best mimic of sounds is the superb lyrebird.

I'm from a state where this bird is from but I've never seen one. Don't know how David gets so close in this video because they flee at any sign cos they can't fly well, they run fast. I've probably heard one without even knowing it.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Today I learnt that my dad was fooled too - he and his friend thought that a cat was stuck in trees and they were looking for it - but it was a starling meowing 😅

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hahaha that was so cool. My favourite part is at the 32 second mark when it sounds like it's doing R2D2 from star wars.
Just goes to show that not only parrots can mimic sounds. Maybe the best mimic of sounds is the superb lyrebird.

I'm from a state where this bird is from but I've never seen one. Don't know how David gets so close in this video because they flee at any sign cos they can't fly well, they run fast. I've probably heard one without even knowing it.
Wow, the Lyre is amazing! I'd never heard of one until now, thank you for posting this ❤️

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Today I learnt that my dad was fooled too - he and his friend thought that a cat was stuck in trees and they were looking for it - but it was a starling meowing 😅
Hahahahaha! Now that is hysterical, and I needed a good laugh ❤️
So there wasn't a cat at all in the tree?

Most Reactions

Latest posts