Scared to death!!!

Tizylish

Apr 12, 2012
Montoursille, Pa.
So Sunday morning I got “Baby” up to get her fed and out for a bit… she wasn’t moving, very lethargic. I got her out put her on the counter and her wings spread out and she couldn’t hold her head up… I went crying into my husband Baby’s dying!!! We rushed to the pet store we bought her at and thankfully the girl who hand raises them was there. She said are you feeding “her” the formula… we said WHAT FORMULA!!! As she explained to us (what the boy who sold her to my husband did not explain)… she was preparing formula for her… Baby was practically jumping out of my arms to get to eat… She sat and ate it for nearly a half hour. I was so upset that we weren’t given this extremely important information!!! Almost a week later and Baby is thriving and doing wonderful. She talks to me and we are in a great routine together!!

I do have a question though!! I got her a cute little hut for her cage that she sleeps in every night but when I can’t have her out during the day and she is in her cage she goes in her hut and tweets and sings… a way she never does outside of that hut. Does anyone know why? Is she that happy with it or is this a stressful act… she sure sounds happy though. :)

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Sun Conure (Clifford), two budgies (Odin and Diana), and CAG (Bongo)
:11::11::11: is this "boy" going to get fired. How do you not tell someone that their bird is not yet weaned???????? omg

I'm glad baby is ok!!!

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
whoaaaa that's scary. lovebirds usually eat by themselves around 8 weeks (2 months) of
age, but some take a bit longer. glad you got it sorted before it got worse! D;

as for the hut.. an older lovebird of mine used to do that too. sounds she never used to
make when outside. it's fine but in my experience, i think she might be getting too into it.
i caught my lovebird humping her hut once, LOL! and she likes to get aggressive with it,
and aggressive with anyone who touches it. if you see any more odd behavior and any
aggression towards you if you get close to it, try to take it out for a few days and see
if Baby's behavior changes.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I'm glad it turned out well but she is right he should definatly be looking for a new job. I hope you talked to the manager. that was really scarey to hear. Alison and sweetie pie:mad::D

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Wow close call!!! I am glad Baby is doing good now!!! I'll bet that did scare you to death! I would be pretty upset about being misinformed!

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
A classic example of why I feel unweaned birds should not be sold! Glad it worked out okay.

Most Reactions