Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Hi Gang....as promised, have taken pictures of the babies (owls)
From second floor window.

Then took some more later toward dusk. Before the sun went down one of the babies fell out of the hole (nest) and landed on the front porch. I thought (oh no) I know the logical thing is to let It's momma handle it.

But no, I'm just far too kind to birds. Sooooo, I picked it up and (man, so darn cute and cuddly) I brought it on the porch, while I got the ladder out and up. I had it fully extended and still couldn't reach the hole.

So I did the next best thing, place it on a branch just down from the hole.
I no more than moved the ladder away and Momma ( Screech) landed next to her baby. Awwwww, they are very protective of their young.

Last edited:
How cute and funny! Wow, it doesn't even look like a bird lol! I love the close up of the face.

Awww.... SO CUTE! Did the mother bird get her chick safely back to the nest?

Awww.... SO CUTE! Did the mother bird get her chick safely back to the nest?

I see that two popped their head out a bit ago, though not sure yet if it was both the babies. There's another hole just above the other I didn't notice yesterday on opposite side of tree, so they may be in there. Screech owls spend much of their day sleeping. They're quite active at evening and nights.

Awesome pics!

Anybody know if baby owls can be reasonably tamed?

(I'm not advocating taking one and doing so, just curious.)

Amazing pics!! I like the up close pic. Do they visit that perch often? Do they check out the rings and toys?

So cute! Last thanksgiving I was able to save a poor little owl, this hey was small enough to fit his bottom in both of my hands. We had him for about 3 days until we found a lady with a license to care for raptors to take care of him. He had a broken wing and he allowed me to wash the blood away and bandage his wing. He was just the cutest!

LarissaMiChelle

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back