Second Cage?

wibitywab

Jun 4, 2011
Southern California
Parrots
"Kiwi" My Hahn's Macaw and R.I.P. Buddy the GCC-2009 - 2011
My Hahn's Kiwi's cage is situated in the living room where everybody is most of the day, but at night time everybody is upstairs and sleeping, but she is downstairs sleeping. My question is, do you guys think I could get a second cage to put her to sleep in that is in my bedroom??? She should be OK with switching from cage to cage because she came from an exotic bird store that had the birds out on perches everyday, then at night they would put them in cages...:green2::green2::green2:Thanks in advanced!

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
i can't see a problem :) as nut goes into a sleep/travel cage, thats used to carry her up an down stairs, she sleeps in spare bed room lol

GoffinLily

Jun 16, 2011
Alberta Canada
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo
My too has her own room with her cage in it, (& we cover her up too) she seems to like the privacy, occasionally if she wasn't ready to sleep she'll squawk & scream a bit but that usually doesn't last & she falls alseep.
We go to bed later then my too so it works out, we don't have to "tip toe" around her when she's sleeping & we can watch tv (or whatever else) in piece without being afraid she'll wake up & scream. lol

Lokums

Jun 25, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
B&G, Senegal
Both my parrots have more than one cage. I know some people (not personally, but on forums) that just put their birds on a stand in their bedroom and they sleep there. Of course that means you have to get up when they do. :) NOT for me!

birdmama61

Apr 13, 2011
Well my quakers have two cages as well . One is in the bedroom and one is in the living room where they can go from room to room if they want too . I love having that convience of two cages . Usually they sleep in the cage in the bedroom and during the day they are in the cage in the living room . It makes it nice to have that convience of two cages .

Lauren

Dec 13, 2007
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Parrots
Seth - 16 y/o Blue Crown Conure

Lily - 3 y/o White Capped Pionus
My two lovebirds have two huge cages that are in my dining area of the kitchen so for smaller more mobile cages, I have two small carry cages that they're content to hang out in if I am traveling.

Loto (amazon) is perch trained and has a larger carry cage that is easy to carry when she's in it.

I tend to keep the lovies in their carry case/cage at night on my dresser and if I am home alone, I keep all 3 birds in my room (security and comfort hahaha).

I don't see why it would be an issue switching from cage to cage, the more exposure she has the better it will be. Obviously if she freaks out and is very stressed, re-consider that option :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts