Update: now that I’m not bouncing off the walls and crashing due to the crap ton of caffeine in my system, I’ve had a good refresh outside in the rain, and I’ve gotten enough sleep, I have made the decision to move forward and stay on track with my budgie plans. A lot of my concerns would be possible if I got a bigger bird or if I screwed up and ended up buying a sick bird. Some of my concerns were and are valid and possible, however the chances of those aren’t super high. I do believe I am mentally well enough to take on a budgie and I could juggle the time well enough. I am moving forward with these plans.