Selling art here?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
So I absolutely love drawing birds and such and I thought people might be interested in buying art of their birds BUT I was reading through the rules to make sure that something like that would be okay but from what I can read it is but isn't. I'm not entirely sure so I have a few questions;

1. How do I become "Supporting Vendor of Parrot Forums"
2. It also say no directly selling on the site but I'm not sure how I would go about selling art since I am not a specific company or anything.
3. Am I just reading all of this wrong and it's only no "retail" sales. (the rules mentions retail a lot in this section of it, so I'm a little confused as to if it only relates to retail / big sales vs a small artist)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I think where you want to start is ask yourself what you want to do. This will go along way into determining if your should be a Supporting Vendor, selling your wares much like an Art Store or an individual that wishes to provide, from time to time, samples of your Bird Related Art and 'pray' that someone PM's you with an inquiry.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Personally I'd like to have a thread more dedicated towards like "hey wanna buy this art?" rather than "look at this art" but I'm confused as to if that is allowed or not and if it is allowed if I need to be a supporting vendor to do such.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanks for asking for guidance! For Supporting Member status it is necessary to discuss financial details with our Administrator. You could then overtly advertise and accept paying customers directly from the forum.

Alternatively, if this is more hobby than business, an inquiring member can PM you directly with questions, and can jointly discuss terms. In other words, it would be an occasional venture and not openly discussed in a thread.

An example of this would be this thread started by Gail: http://www.parrotforums.com/all-other-wanted-sale/67104-bird-artists-bird-art.html

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thanks for asking for guidance! For Supporting Member status it is necessary to discuss financial details with our Administrator. You could then overtly advertise and accept paying customers directly from the forum.

Alternatively, if this is more hobby than business, an inquiring member can PM you directly with questions, and can jointly discuss terms. In other words, it would be an occasional venture and not openly discussed in a thread.

An example of this would be this thread started by Gail: http://www.parrotforums.com/all-other-wanted-sale/67104-bird-artists-bird-art.html

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions!

And good luck! This method has worked out well for me...
And thanks for the plug, Scott!

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Yes, I think it's OK to say I made this painting for so and so, and then if people are interested they will write and say me next! Hey, I'll commission a painting right now. PM me with ideas.

Most Reactions

Latest posts