Not open for further replies.
OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon, 2 Cockatiels and 2 Budgies
Hello Everyone,
I know this is probably not following the rules, since it’s not really chop, but chunks of food on holders. Mummer just turned 7 months) and he took a lot to wean fully only a few weeks since he’s asked for formula. He won’t touch chop in the bowls if it’s actually chopped fine! To get him interested in new foods, I hang it on one of his play stands to make him think it’s one of his toys he can tear up. I had ordered these bird food holders (which work awesome for our other birds who were older when we got them and used to a seed diet and would not touch fresh foods).
Every morning I change up what I put out for him because he will not eat the same thing everyday.(He still won’t touch leafy greens)When I took this picture it was 4 different kinds of peppers cut into strips, kale, carrots, broccoli, cubed melon and apple slices, although he ate the apples right away. I do always put a bowl out for him with some cut in strips but he usually ignores it unless he really wants more of whatever it was.

The pictures of my other birds eating their breakfast were too blurry because they don’t stay still long to take a photo. Ghost likes her chop in the mornings and I run through food processor(although Ghost is the only one who will eat chop, the others I use food holders smaller than the one Mummer uses). Only image that came out was aftermath of Ghost with her face stained from food.

Thanks everyone! The photos you all posted are great!

Attachments

• DFE32476-9EA2-4409-AE64-F98BCB4B4881.jpeg
    DFE32476-9EA2-4409-AE64-F98BCB4B4881.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 25D5EE41-D569-44A6-A5EB-322B1F872DB8.jpeg
    25D5EE41-D569-44A6-A5EB-322B1F872DB8.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 135

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Hello Everyone,
I know this is probably not following the rules, since it’s not really chop, but chunks of food on holders. Mummer just turned 7 months) and he took a lot to wean fully only a few weeks since he’s asked for formula. He won’t touch chop in the bowls if it’s actually chopped fine! To get him interested in new foods, I hang it on one of his play stands to make him think it’s one of his toys he can tear up. I had ordered these bird food holders (which work awesome for our other birds who were older when we got them and used to a seed diet and would not touch fresh foods).
Every morning I change up what I put out for him because he will not eat the same thing everyday.(He still won’t touch leafy greens)When I took this picture it was 4 different kinds of peppers cut into strips, kale, carrots, broccoli, cubed melon and apple slices, although he ate the apples right away. I do always put a bowl out for him with some cut in strips but he usually ignores it unless he really wants more of whatever it was.

The pictures of my other birds eating their breakfast were too blurry because they don’t stay still long to take a photo. Ghost likes her chop in the mornings and I run through food processor(although Ghost is the only one who will eat chop, the others I use food holders smaller than the one Mummer uses). Only image that came out was aftermath of Ghost with her face stained from food.

The premise of this month's contest leaves lots of room for variation, so you're absolutely fine. Beautiful babies you have there! Would you like Mummer to be your official entry?

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Hello Everyone,

Chop is chop, definitely qualifies as unique! Beautiful pics!!

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

I sorry... I am spamming!!!!.. AND I have to post this... I am very happy right now.... Because I captured Akashi's first fly....

He took off on the perched few days ago and I was at lost for not seeing/knowing how did he does that... SO... TODAY I got to see it!!!!
I'm proud of
him, he's just little over two months old.

*does the happy dances***

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

I sorry... I am spamming!!!!.. AND I have to post this... I am very happy right now.... Because I captured Akashi's first fly....

He took off on the perched few days ago and I was at lost for not seeing/knowing how did he does that... SO... TODAY I got to see it!!!!
I'm proud of
him, he's just little over two months old.
*does the happy dances***
Loved Akashi's first flight!! Any landing you can walk away from was good!!

Lily, will this be your official entry? Oh, you never spam, always sharing quality pics or videos!!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Loved Akashi's first flight!! Any landing you can walk away from was good!!

Lily, will this be your official entry? Oh, you never spam, always sharing quality pics or videos!!
I think I heard a THUD at the end :-/

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.
They all just for FUN...
Yes, Mr. Jim.. You heard the THUD alright... I need to get
him a helmet... :D :D He is flying around and climbing up everywhere that high....
He has spiky hair do... :D

He is eating his veggie.. :p

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

They all just for FUN...
him a helmet... :D :D He is flying around and climbing up everywhere that high....

Thank you for the lovely video of Akashi enjoying veggies. Understand, just for fun!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
They all just for FUN...

Very nice, Aunty Lily! I love his spiky hair do :)

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

September POTM Contest has closed! Thanks to all who submitted or shared superb just for fun images, recipes, and video!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Excellent contest and great concept this month, Scott! Awesome entries and JFFs. Thanks everyone who participated and made it yet another wonderful success! :)

Now comes the hard part... Picking just ONE to vote for :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts