Seriously, you can't tell she's a she?

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Only 1 of our 3 birdies is a dimorphic species and he/she's not telling yet (but since he/she's pushing 3, I'm betting on she). Anyway, even though the males and females of the species of our Ruby and Jade look identical, it still kind of irritates me when someone doesn't know that they're girls.

Seriously! You can't tell that Jady-Jade eyes are definitely girl eyes and only a diva (girl) can flirt like that? And you don't realize that Ruby isn't a big clunky boy but a delicate little girl? With a sweet little feminine girl face?

Yes, I know this is irrational, but since they're obviously girls to me, everyone should see it.

Now, Max is another story. He'll be 3 in February and still has a just-slightly darker shadow of a neck ring than when we got him almost 2 years ago, so I'm thinking we've got a Maxine. She even has eyelashes - should have been a tip off. :p

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Only 1 of our 3 birdies is a dimorphic species and he/she's not telling yet (but since he/she's pushing 3, I'm betting on she). Anyway, even though the males and females of the species of our Ruby and Jade look identical, it still kind of irritates me when someone doesn't know that they're girls.

Seriously! You can't tell that Jady-Jade eyes are definitely girl eyes and only a diva (girl) can flirt like that? And you don't realize that Ruby isn't a big clunky boy but a delicate little girl? With a sweet little feminine girl face?

Yes, I know this is irrational, but since they're obviously girls to me, everyone should see it.

Now, Max is another story. He'll be 3 in February and still has a just-slightly darker shadow of a neck ring than when we got him almost 2 years ago, so I'm thinking we've got a Maxine. She even has eyelashes - should have been a tip off. :p

It drives me crazy not knowing what the gender of a bird is. Merlin is most certainly a boy but I'll still be getting his DNA'd tested to put my mind at ease. He's a little mummys boy and a right little Prince. He's not diva-esque or girly at all really! But we'll soon find out anyway! Merlin might end up being a Morganna... >: )

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol an lol no mistaking nut's a girl as she is so dam flirty with the men!!

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Maybe little lace inserts for their bands??? Like those hair bows women glue? to their bald baby girls. lol

Merlins all boy, you would never mistake him for a girl, he's a real HE man. lol

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Haha I get kinda mad when people call lilly a boy too, but the truth is I have no idea what she is. Lily acts like a female, so I call her a she, but she could become a boy bird with a feminine name.

I don't know what mine is either. I haven't had her sexed yet, I was thinking it was a girl, because she loooves my boyfriend, and took to him faster than she took to me.

Rennagade

Jul 28, 2011
Gympie, Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Male Alexandrine 3yrs old (Zeus) and Female Alexandrine 4 yrs old (Gretchen)
The Alex's my breeder friend has are very large so I think that makes it easier to tell! We can go through the clutch and go "Boy, Boy, Girl, Boy..." After abut 16 weeks I have found that the boys stand up taller whereas the girls will squat a bit more. Of course it's a bit easier when you can hold them up next to each other to see the difference! I was told that the line that goes from their beak to their eyes (that little black line) is different on males and females. Supposedly on a male it goes to the bottom of the eye where as on a female it goes to the middle but mine have proved this theory wrong! they both go to the centre of the eye!
It was pretty easy to tell with my Alex's though. Gretchen is a bit of a nasty b**ch and Zeus is a sooky lah lah mummy's boy! Also at 12 weeks Gretchen looked just like her mum and Zeus looked like his dad! You can never be too sure though...not till you see that one little black feather that is the start of his ring...it usually comes in right near the beak! Gretchen had a really dark ring for a girl.

Most Reactions

Latest posts