Shadow's first foraging box!

Darci

Jun 12, 2014
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Shadow - Six year old Congo African Grey
I made my CAG her first foraging box and it's somewhat successful. She knows exactly what it's for, though I am 100% positive her first owners didn't make then for her (she had two crappy toys and lived in a garage when I bought her). As you can see, destroying the basket is as much fun as destroying what's inside. It has raffia, paper to shred (that gets taken out when I leave the house), wooden popsicle sticks, beads and fake clothes pins as well as a couple treats, which she's yet to find. She's going to town right now!

Her favourite part so far is the fake clothes pins. I dyed the popsicle sticks, fake clothes pins and wooden balls with kool aid last night. Spoiling her is a fun hobby :)

what do you guys use in your foraging boxes?

3zB5jYi.jpg

NlhYcHR.jpg

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I actually use dollar store kleenex boxes. The ones that are cardboard. Then I hide old broken toys, wood, nutriberries, pellets, seeds, nuts etc in them, at various levels in the kleenex box...

THREE FOR A DOLLAR! CAN'T GO WRONG FOR THAT!

Most Reactions

Latest posts