Shivering?

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hi folks, just looking for a bit of advice.

Nico, my Quaker, is shivering. Like all day? If I’m not actively playing with him or he isn’t engaged in something, he shivers. My house is at a steady 72F, and he has a heat lamp to sit under if he so desires.

He’s eating normally, vocalizing normally, playing, jumping around, etc. his weight is good, all that. Should I be concerned? He’s my first Quaker so I don’t know if this is common.

Does something like this warrant a vet visit or should I just keep my eye out for any changes?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
None of mine shiver . Except after a soaking bath maybe seen once
Can. You video?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I am not sure what this is, either.

Sometimes my Quakers have been puffy and then seem like they’re trembling or shivering. I thought it was just part of being puffy or happy. Like, really happy. Showing me how happy and big feathered they can be.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Got a video. Here

I was thinking on it a bit more and I’m wondering if he’s in pain. :( He’s been babying his deformed foot a bit more than usual. It looks normal though…

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I don’t see anything concerning about this bird. I see that yes, he does have a back toe turned forwards. Otherwise he looks fat and happy. What am I supposed to be noticing? When does the shivering you’re concerned about happen?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Its so quick...not enough for me to evaluate. I see it. But its nano seconds ! Keen observer. If you can get longer that would be helpful.

But omg what an absolute cutie dreamboat! Looks great overall

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Sorry guys, give me some time to get a better video- he’s tricky! I’m thinking I may need to set up my tripod and camera

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Yes, I’m sorry. I just can’t tell what it is you’re referring to. Otherwise, what a cute baby.

Sometimes, Willow gets really big and fluffy and seems to be trembling, but I think it’s just part of getting as puffy as possible, maybe to look happy? I saw Lucy do that, too.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Ok! I finally got a good video I think. He's a bit weirded out by the camera here but its still the same shivering. Here.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Its mild, I see it, not sure what to think. Nothing? Something? I mean my dont do it
Tgey do make a squeaky door noise like that tho lol

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Its mild, I see it, not sure what to think. Nothing? Something? I mean my dont do it
Tgey do make a squeaky door noise like that tho lol
Yeah I’m not sure. I’ve never had a bird do this so I don’t know if I should be concerned or not.

Lol, that’s the alarm sound I think… he makes it at the vacuum and broom too

Most Reactions

Latest posts