Should I bring my cockatiel back to my hometown?

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Hey I am visiting my hometown, my parents is driving, I am a teen. It is now 9:50 pm in malaysia, we are staying for 2 nights and 3 days, should I bring my 3-4 month old cockatiel and budgie with me? The drive would take 1.30-2 hours.

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
2hrs is not that long of a journey.
You should bring if you can keep them safe and provided for.

Take them especially if you don't have someone you can really trust to take care of them.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hey I am visiting my hometown, my parents is driving, I am a teen. It is now 9:50 pm in malaysia, we are staying for 2 nights and 3 days, should I bring my 3-4 month old cockatiel and budgie with me? The drive would take 1.30-2 hours.
Yes! Bring your babies with you. Put them in separate small travel cages. My budgies do fine on road trips and I never leave Rocky my now almost eight month old baby alone overnight.
How is Luna doing?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yes! Bring your babies with you. Put them in separate small travel cages. My budgies do fine on road trips and I never leave Rocky my now almost eight month old baby alone overnight.
How is Luna doing?
What's your budgie's name? Post pictures of him.

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
What's your budgie's name? Post pictures of him.
This is lalo. My first exotic bird. And Luna look a little stressed but lalo is doing ok.

Attachments

• C8A9FD0A-0407-4018-8170-75BC75D38BFE.jpeg
    C8A9FD0A-0407-4018-8170-75BC75D38BFE.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 23

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I have brought my bird with me to visit family before and she has done well. I always make sure to give the household a heads up and ask that they unplug any wall air fresheners and don't spray any aerosol spray while we are there. I also usually bring her small air purifier along just to be safe. Best of luck on your visit with Lalo in tow!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I have brought my bird with me to visit family before and she has done well. I always make sure to give the household a heads up and ask that they unplug any wall air fresheners and don't spray any aerosol spray while we are there. I also usually bring her small air purifier along just to be safe. Best of luck on your visit with Lalo in tow!
Luna will go too, right?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
2 hour trip is ok, I wonder about accomidations and windows once you get there. I've actually been to malaysia. The penang george town area for like a week. I worked in semiconductors, buisness trip...not that rich.

But yeah I wonder about the accomidations while there and if a window is left open because of the heat.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
2 hour trip is ok, I wonder about accomidations and windows once you get there. I've actually been to malaysia. The penang george town area for like a week. I worked in semiconductors, buisness trip...not that rich.

But yeah I wonder about the accomidations while there and if a window is left open because of the heat.
Definitely supervise your birds closely. It's tragic when a beloved bird flies away. Don't ever let that happen to you. You felt terrible when Cico died- you'll feel even worse if Luna or Lalo fly away!

Most Reactions