sick DYH

onehalfoften

Sep 22, 2022
Media
Parrots
Double yellow Head. And budgie's
kind of freaking out here waiting for the call back...they have the results the vet just wont make the call grrrr
I suggest you get him pharmaceutical grade milk thistle it's more expensive but it's worth it especially if you can afford it it will extend his life if he has a bad liver

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I suggest you get him pharmaceutical grade milk thistle it's more expensive but it's worth it especially if you can afford it it will extend his life if he has a bad liver

I bought milk thistle extract from my pharmacy and used that with Lucy until her issue were well-resolved. Most of her issues were from retained eggs. You can also buy milk thistle seed from softbill suppliers but that might be too small for an Amazon.

Hearing that her feathers are greying is concerning to me because that’s a sign of liver disease. But I think if your vet wants an ultrasound she must suspect something is going on and it would be good if she could at least tell you what that is, if all results are normal, partly normal, etc. starting over with a new vet loses time that could be better used to treat your bird.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My lovebird has FLD and sprouting his seeds (with the additional supplements and fresh food) really shows an improvement. Research sprouting birds their seeds and see if this is an option for you. The only un- sprouted seeds he gets is the lafaber senior nutriberries (it has glutathione and milkthistle).
I didn’t know there were senior nutriberries! Wish I’d had those for miss Lucy. I don’t think that Willow at nine years old is a senior yet.

Most Reactions