Sing!

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Syd must be suffering from anticipation of Santa coming down the chimney because today he is just getting louder and louder. I had tried most things to quieten him down. Normally talking quietly concentrates his mind and he forgets to screech. Forget it, today he just got louder. He had a treat but started again as soon as it had disappeared. I yelled and he just screeched back. His cage has been open all morning. No-one sitting in the corner today would believe me when I say we have a good relationship.

Then in desperation I started to sing. I always sing to him at bedtime - I know I'm daft - but he enjoys it and jumps around his cage to my melodic tones as a last fling before settling to sleep. So suddenly I launched into song, not his bedtime one but a serene nursery rhyme. Nothing happened for the first line then suddenly there was silence and when I looked he was gazing at me with his head cocked to one side as he surveyed me. There he remained until the end I like to think in awe but you never know it could have been pain but it had the desired affect. By the time I had finished he was settled and just went off to his bowl for some veggies.

So there you go. That's the answer - so bookings are welcome, first class flights of course or private jets would be very nice and I will sing your birds into silence as well! :D

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Haha, "music calms the savage beast." I sing and whistle songs to my guys all the time. They do seem to enjoy it, but it could also be them politely waiting for me to shut up. ;)

Most Reactions