Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Ok so, all parrots shout. No exceptions. Even the tiniest budgie can go into a shouting fit that just drives you insane. Often people would describe the different parrot shouting shrilling, high pitched. And also spring is comming which is driving my birds into shouting fits.

Well I myself have quite sensitive hearing I can hear some high frequencies. In general city noises, busy areas and my birds shouting can make me very stressed. By accident i stumbled upon some type of ear plug, which... Is not a plug at all. With it you can still hear everything perfectly, it just takes the sharp edge of noises off. And honestly, it seems to help me a lot. They are called Calmers by Flare - i was spying for this product for months and finally gave in.... Was pricey but best speny money in a while. Don't get me wrong, i can still perfectly hear my bird screaming, but... It is more bearable. I don't feel like punching someone when my birds go into a shouting frenzie. Pascal lately simply goes and shouts because WHY NOT. it was driving me insane. I mean, he still drives me insane, but LORD what a difference it seems to be. At first I didn't hear any difference, but hearing him shouting without the plugs now is just ... Painful. What a day of wearing them makes such a huge difference..

I got the mini version and i honestly don't even feel them after a while, i completely forget i am wearing anything in my ears. I thought to share this with anyone who might be interested into these who have sensitive hearing. I love my birds but not so much as their frantic shouting at 4-5pm daily for no reason.

Spring is here y'all, protect your ears!

Attachments

• IMG-20220324-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220324-WA0002.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 72
OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Bourkes don't shout ;) Maybe just single "chirps" may be used as shouting but it's really hard to call it as shouting
Ok bourkies are special exception :D (and here Pascal is copying Csilli's cute "chirrrup"s....i honestly thought it was Csilli...)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hey anything is worth a shot if your very sensitive. Fortunately Salty's loudest is a low pitched typical parrot BBRRAAACCCKK, not pleasant but he only does this at dinner time.

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Hey anything is worth a shot if your very sensitive. Fortunately Salty's loudest is a low pitched typical parrot BBRRAAACCCKK, not pleasant but he only does this at dinner time.
Would always have that at any volume instead of the high pitched KEKEKEKEKEKKEKE that goes on and on. Doesn't such a tiny bird need to take a breath?!

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie

Jenday owner nick

Mar 27, 2022
Parrots
Jenday conures, parrotlets, mountain parakeets
I have 2 jendays I realised when I'm wearing my headphones with noise cancelling on them it takes away the piercing of my eardrums whenever they want to repeatedly scream one after the other constantly when I arrive home or in the morning lol also got sum silicone earbuds lol they were a bit cheaper

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
As a little boy my father use to take me to his favorite gun store to BS with the owner.
It had what was affectionately called a "silent alarm".
As soon as I would walk in the place it felt like a pressure on my head. I could hear it despite the fact it was supposed to be silent.
My father had to ask them to turn it off when I was there cuz it was too uncomfortable for me to be in there.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I love all the clever noise filtering products they’ve come out with. Thanks for this post - I have a buddy WFH with a parrotlet and a cockatiel and she’s going slowly insane. I’ll pass this recc on to her, I’m sure she’ll appreciate it!

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I love all the clever noise filtering products they’ve come out with. Thanks for this post - I have a buddy WFH with a parrotlet and a cockatiel and she’s going slowly insane. I’ll pass this recc on to her, I’m sure she’ll appreciate it!
I hope it helps them! It's a truly weird thing as it lets you still hear everything, just cuts off the painful resonance... Also if something is loud, it will stay loud with these! They do guarantee 100 days till you decide to return, but I am not exactly sure how that works as I didn't get a return label in the mail.

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
As a little boy my father use to take me to his favorite gun store to BS with the owner.
It had what was affectionately called a "silent alarm".
As soon as I would walk in the place it felt like a pressure on my head. I could hear it despite the fact it was supposed to be silent.
My father had to ask them to turn it off when I was there cuz it was too uncomfortable for me to be in there.
I'm guessing same crap used to be put around in some parks/places in my hometown to detter younglings from staying there... Tbh I hated it, as I can still hear it even as an adult!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
There are certain frequencies that we lose the ability to hear as we age, and I always wondered about it. Several years ago I was at an outing with a group of friends, and after a while the only one of us still in their 20s said "How are you all not going crazy at that sound?!?!"

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
There are certain frequencies that we lose the ability to hear as we age, and I always wondered about it. Several years ago I was at an outing with a group of friends, and after a while the only one of us still in their 20s said "How are you all not going crazy at that sound?!?!"
My partner is 37 and I swear, he has ULTRA sensitive hearing. I have to unplug all the chargers, turn off most of the electronic devices at night because he hears them clearly, and simply cannot ignore it. He knows exactly when i left the chargers plugged in >>

Most Reactions

Latest posts