(SOLVED) Is having the microwave in my birds proximity safe?

BudgieBudgieBudgie

Mar 12, 2023
Parrots
I have one parakeet.
I bought a microwave do I can start making then yams, veggie chops, and I places it in my room where my other eletronics are.

Is the proximity of the microwave safe for my budgies? I heard that microwave radiation is bad. I wanna make sure they'll be okay with the distance from it and if microwaving their food is okay too?

They're about 5 feet away from it.

Here's a photo for reference.

Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
😂 Thank you, was very worried about that and now my concerns are gone. :)
If it makes you feel better I'm an electrical engineer. I wasn't being OMG ...this....no it's completely safe. I could go into the wavelengths of the EM spectrum and all that but.....yeah just trust me as someone that has nine parrots myself, it's completely fine.

OP
BudgieBudgieBudgie

BudgieBudgieBudgie

Mar 12, 2023
Parrots
I have one parakeet.
If it makes you feel better I'm an electrical engineer. I wasn't being OMG ...this....no it's completely safe. I could go into the wavelengths of the EM spectrum and all that but.....yeah just trust me as someone that has nine parrots myself, it's completely fine.
Thank you, you got a serious flock on your hands haha. My doubts cleared and Im Thankful you replied. My luck that youre an EE so youre the expert on this.

Most Reactions