Some random Baxter photos

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Hi Everyone!

Baxter and I have been hanging out today while I cook for him so I decided to take some random photos and a video.

Hope you enjoy.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gORWD_VsSEM&feature=youtu.be"]These toys have got to go! - YouTube[/ame]

Doing the splits!

Nap time

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
YIPPEE!!! Here's the gorgeous Baxter!!! :D WOW, I can't believe how colorful he is, Shawna! I bet you can't ever imagine your life without him now, can you? :D

Beautiful photos, and I cracked up laughing at the video.

OP
GreatBlue320

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots

Wendy - I absolutely can't imagine life without Baxter! I'm so happy that we "stumbled" upon him at the bird store that day in June.

Chris - Baxter isn't very noisy at all. When he wants me, attention, or something, he will definitely let out his loudest call, but it really isn't bad at all. Otherwise, he makes these cute noises on and off throughout the day - mostly when we are having play time together or cuddling. He will get a little noisy when I'm talking on the phone or to someone at the house when he thinks the focus should be on him. He will try to talk over me - LOL! Not sure if he is going to be a "talker" yet although some of his vocalizations are taking on word-like cadences (or that might just be my wishful thinking LOL). I'll try to take a video of his sounds and post it here.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
He is very cute! I see he has learned the standard macaw maneuver of IF a food bowl can be dumped it shall be! LOL :D

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
He's gorgeous!! And I love the cargo net..need one of those!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Baxter is such a cutie :). He has the fullest color I've ever seen on an Illiger's baby. Absolutely GORGEOUS. The babies I see at the stores never have that much red and blue at that age.

OP
GreatBlue320

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots

Maria, it's actually a seagrass mat. The ladder on the play stand was hard for Baxter to navigate when he first came home so I just wrapped the mat around the ladder and secured it with those plastic pull ties. Made a big difference for him!

OP
GreatBlue320

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots

I have to admit that I am surprised by Baxter's vibrant colors, too, Julie. I'm estimating he is about 4 months old now and he looks like a very "big boy" to me already!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
He is very cute! I see he has learned the standard macaw maneuver of IF a food bowl can be dumped it shall be! LOL :D

Yeah, but at least he's polite and puts it back... unlike some of mine, who have been known to fling them across the room when they're done with them.

OP
GreatBlue320

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots

Mark - Baxter is young... I'm sure he will throw polite out the window (or across the room) eventually!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts