Some shelter dogs :)

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
1 Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure: Cody <3
Here are some pictures I took today of some of the BARCS shelter dogs (the shelter I volunteer at). Sorry the pictures aren't the best, it was way hot and hazy, and my camera doesn't take the best pictures in these conditions. I love these dogs so much, they are all so wonderful!

Iago, who is a big boy and full of love!
HPIM2277Custom.jpg

HPIM2280Custom.jpg

Moorie, the little dork. lol I swear he looks like he has wippet in him somewhere!
HPIM2284Custom.jpg

HPIM2289Custom.jpg

HPIM2293Custom.jpg

This is Chase. He is SUCH a sweet boy! He just looooved crawling into your lap and be stroked. :D
HPIM2297Custom.jpg

HPIM2300Custom.jpg

HPIM2301Custom.jpg

(cont'd)

OP
GreenCheek

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
This here is Pearl. She was a real sweety.
HPIM2307Custom.jpg

HPIM2309Custom.jpg

This is Lady. She was so scared, but loved attention.
HPIM2316Custom.jpg

HPIM2319Custom.jpg

HPIM2320Custom.jpg

This is Puppie. He is certainly a handful! But he's so cute! :D
HPIM2325Custom.jpg

HPIM2326Custom.jpg

HPIM2327Custom.jpg

OP
GreenCheek

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
This is Dusty. She's a nut, lol. She loves running around while playing ball, and also likes to play with the other dogs. She is seen here with a dog named Tyson.
HPIM2332Custom.jpg

HPIM2335Custom.jpg

And a video of her playing: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBhe3WPpOP0"]YouTube - Dusty the Happy Pit bull.wmv[/ame]

This is Barney. He is very sweet and loves to play! Quite a looker too!
HPIM2337Custom.jpg

HPIM2338Custom.jpg

HPIM2344Custom.jpg

This is Lelu. She was so sweet, I fell so in love with this girl!
HPIM2348Custom.jpg

HPIM2350Custom.jpg

HPIM2351Custom.jpg

OP
GreenCheek

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
And finally, this is Molly. She was a "so ugly she's cute" kinda dog, lol. Her personality was awesome too!
HPIM2352Custom.jpg

HPIM2354Custom.jpg

HPIM2355Custom.jpg

Hope you enjoyed :) They are all available btw. :D

OP
GreenCheek

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
Not yet, these were just taken today. I hope they all find homes! I know that Iago and Barney have both been at the shelter for 2 months now. :(

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hey GC,So sad their all Pit mixes:31:, I sure wish people would be more responsible when it comes to unwanted breeding, on a higher note, thanks for volunteering your time at the shelter,without folks like you,their fate would be a lot worse than just waiting to find a good home, keep the faith.

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Those poor dogs. I hope they go into good homes too. I always watch Animal Cops, so I know how it feels. I would love to take one, unfortunately, not much room or $$$ to care for one at the moment. The are so adorable. They'll find good homes for sure.

OP
GreenCheek

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
Hey GC,So sad their all Pit mixes:31:, I sure wish people would be more responsible when it comes to unwanted breeding, on a higher note, thanks for volunteering your time at the shelter,without folks like you,their fate would be a lot worse than just waiting to find a good home, keep the faith.

I know :( I just wish people would just wake up and realize there is a population problem! Especially with pit bulls. They are one of the most numerous breeds, yet also the ones that are least likely to be adopted (last figure I remember seeing is 1 in 600 pit bulls find a forever home?). It's heartbreaking. I also wish people would wake up and realize that pit bulls are wonderful dogs. :( The majority of the dogs at BARCS (about 98%?) are pit bull//pit mixes.

And I absolutely love volunteering there! Those dogs make my day. :) Heck, they are really a part of my life!

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC

I know :( I just wish people would just wake up and realize there is a population problem! Especially with pit bulls. They are one of the most numerous breeds, yet also the ones that are least likely to be adopted (last figure I remember seeing is 1 in 600 pit bulls find a forever home?). It's heartbreaking. I also wish people would wake up and realize that pit bulls are wonderful dogs. :( The majority of the dogs at BARCS (about 98%?) are pit bull//pit mixes.

And I absolutely love volunteering there! Those dogs make my day. :) Heck, they are really a part of my life!

AWH! They all look like such sweethearts! That is so wonderful of you to volunteer :)

There is definitely a population problem with the majority of animals. A lot of parrots are endangered in their natural habitat, yet overpopulated in captivity!:(

Also the pit bull used to be called the "nurse maid dog" because of their sweet disposition and how wonderful they were with children. Congrats to you on spending time with these wonderful pups!:D

IMO......adopt, adopt adopt!!!;)

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
I kind of favor Lelu and Molly, Molly looks a little in the face like a French Bulldog, maybe its just me, but whatever the case they are cutties:p

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I think Puppie could lick one's entire head in one swipe! I love pits. They are so loving.

Personally, I feel that all breeders of any sort of companion animal should be licensed and all other should be spayed or neutered. The license fees of breeders could off-set some of the surgery costs.

OP
GreenCheek

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
I kind of favor Lelu and Molly, Molly looks a little in the face like a French Bulldog, maybe its just me, but whatever the case they are cutties:p

THAT'S what she looks like! I kept trying to think of that when I was walking her! Definitely looks like a french bulldog! She is such a sweety. She doesn't just wag her tail either, she wiggles her whole butt/body!

HRH Di: I completely agree! It's a shame how many back yard breeders there are. :( Pits are amazing dogs, but it's these careless owners/breeders that are giving them their bad reputation.

Most Reactions