Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
My recent trip to the refuge for supplies of course yielded some fresh toys for the guys. YAY! Tucker's favorites are the ones with lots of wood blocks that aren't too thick, and wooden beads. They're pretty common I think. They have some that look like an apple, bananas, or a pineapple. He gets so excited when I put a new one in the cage. So this time, it was the pineapple, hung for him in the morning after breakfast was served. Cage was clean, fresh newspaper on the bottom. I got home from work (early) to find THIS. I was gone for five hours. Not one bead or block remained. Usually, they last close to a week before there's nothing left. I'm thinking he had fun! :D Geez, buddy!!!
7afb7c10990fb1c743f291e01eeb1c01.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh the humanity! Wow he really did go to town, didn't he?! Hope the refuge has plenty of those in stock, i have a feeling you'll be going back for more!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh the humanity! Wow he really did go to town, didn't he?! Hope the refuge has plenty of those in stock, i have a feeling you'll be going back for more!
She does keep a pretty good supply, but at almost $20 a pop, I don't buy toooooo many of them, (especially if they don't even last a day) but they make him so happy! When I can get them, I buy supplies of the blocks and replace them on the chains. I have to give in every so often and get the whole toys though, just because he loves those beads so much. They're the first things to go. :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Oh this is funny! Salty is the same way, when I get one of his favorite toys. Most toys he will play with and destroy a little bit, when the mood strikes him. But there are 2 wood toys that he loves and Geri an I watched him render one into splinters ( much like whats on the bottom of Tuckers cage) in about 2 hours, one time. I feel for ya Wade! Its like lighting up a $20 bill and watching it burn. But, you get the satisfaction, vicariously, of knowing how much fun Tucker is having.

LOL, we even tried recreating one with store bought pieces (much cheaper), and Salty will dive into it, and stop, take a good look at it, and you can see the wheels turning 'H..e...y! This ain't the real deal ! Whadda you trying to pull here Pops!".

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Haha, Al, I think Salty and Tucker are kindred spirits! Tucker does the same thing with my attempted recreations. He'll eventually destroy them too, but definitely not with the same intensity. Even with the short lifespan, sometimes the real things are worth every penny. :)

#HappyBirdHappyLife!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Are you 100% sure that Turner did not have his friendly beaver over to chew all of that into such tiny bits! :D

Commonly, as tax season begins, Julio gets into taking 'adding machine' paper rolls and making bits of it! First unrolls a section then renders it into tiny bits. This year is like wood bits!

Well there is always the likelihood that he heard that the IRS will be setting back the file date???

FYI, file early if the IRS didn't file into your bank account as part of the last money give-away. Also, the IRS is seeing a steep increase in fake filing and by filing early one can vasty reduce losing your return to someone else.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Yeah, something about those particular wood blocks. He breaks them off the toy, and if the big pieces fall down, he goes to the floor and disintegrates them. Love to see him having so much fun. For those few hours at a time, it's like his sole purpose in life!

Great reminder about those paper rolls. He loves them too, but admittedly, I haven't thought to give him a new one in a while. Guess I know what I'm shopping for today ;)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I re use all that i can. As foraging stuff.
Its truly amazing how he tore through that toy.
Peeling bark off bird safe local wood, ( all precautions taken) might really make him happy. Your can grow bottle brush shrubs as yiu can give him the whole thing with the needle leaves ir flowers included

ShellyL

Feb 15, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Parrots
Black capped conures, Duffy and Rocky
Lilac Crowned Amazon, Gemi
Blue Fronted Amazon, Paco
Alexandrine Parrots, Worf & Dougie
Congo African Grey, Ozzy
Parakeet, Stormy
My black capped conures shred paper faster and better than any shredder on the market. As I must return to the office full time soon (after almost a year of WFH), I wonder... if bring them with me as office equipment and not animals, maybe no one will object? :D Truth be told, I am dreading having to leave them.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
My black capped conures shred paper faster and better than any shredder on the market. As I must return to the office full time soon (after almost a year of WFH), I wonder... if bring them with me as office equipment and not animals, maybe no one will object? :D Truth be told, I am dreading having to leave them.
Hahaha, you could bill the office for their food and treats as a business expense, or equipment maintenance. [emoji14]

Alembic772

May 13, 2020
Spring Hill, FL
Parrots
Basil - 22yr male SI Eclectus
River - male GCC
Nemo - female BCC - handicapped
Summer - female pineapple gcc
Rainbow - male yellow side gcc
Lando - male black headed caique
Paprika - female SI eclectu
I wish I could get Basil to chew anything. The most he will do is corn husk toys. Paprika is a bit better, and she loves mahogany pods. I just bought like 60 of those things because she shreds them so fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts