soooo excited

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
alexandrines : Oxy, Bruno, prince (was princess)
so my partner rings me this morning to tell me he got a text from the lady who introduced us to the breeder we got oxy from.
a friend of hers is moving to western australia and unfortunately cant take her 2 alex's with her and is looking for a good home for them and she immediatley thought of us and gave her johns number.
she rang him and he put her in contact with me.

after speaking with her quite in depth about her 2 birds i am picking them up in 2 1/2 hrs:)

they are both hand reared and tame males, princess (were under the impression he was a she, late ring) is 3 1/2 and bruno is 18months and just getting his ring. the other cool thing is as it turns out, bruno is oxy's brother from the previous clutch.

she is providing me with everything. im so excited, i hope oxy likes them too.

i will be putting them in what was "the bird room" until oxy moved into my room and in a cpl weeks ill slowly introduce them all together and if all goes well, will move oxy back to his room as by then it would have cooled down.

i will post pics when i have them settled in

OP
gemini84

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
there here :) they are both very friendly and step up on command. both looking a little ratty as they both molting but princess still has his tail... and omg it is glorious. they both still settling in so dont want to hassel tgem with the camera yet

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
That is really neat. Congratulations on your new flock and to find out one is a brother. I am happy for you:)

OP
gemini84

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
here are a few i snapped yesterday. princess is the older one with the full ring and bruno with the partial. they are quite small, i think oxy might be bigger

Last edited:
OP
gemini84

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
so after my vet has given me the all clear on my newbies i couldnt wait to introduce them to oxy. at first oxy was a bit unsure, but now they getting along great.... just as long as they stay off his cage.

right now they are all in the bird room with door closed as kitty cat came in for dinner. as i write this im cracking up, the noises coming out of that room.

ive heard "what ya do in hey?"
wolf whistles
a dog calling whistle
lots of strange honking and beeping noises
and what i believe was a "meow"

oxy is only just starting to chatter and try talking and doesnt really make much other noise. will oxy pick up on these noises?

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
What cuties! Can you record some of those noises? I love those voices!

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Congrats on your new babies! :D
They are simply adorable! : D

I am pretty sure that Oxy will pick up what they are saying, alex has picked up on what my IRN says. And im pretty sure Yuki is starting to. I can tell by their voices. They all have different tones :p

OP
gemini84

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
ill try and record them, but when i went in they stopped. maybe in a cpl days when they settle in more they may be more vocal.

it seems in the last cpl hours oxy has acceoted them more to the stage that prince was eating oxy's corn from his skewer and oxy just watched him with no signs of aggression. thats a big deal, im not even allowed to touch his corn....lol

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Nice pictures. that is so great that they are already getting along:)

Most Reactions