SOS! Trade a custom bird portrait for fashion help?

Jottlebot

Aug 29, 2012
Shropshire, UK
Parrots
Orange-winged Amazon - RIP Charlie,
Spock - Common Mynah,
McCoy - Alexandrine
You look really great. It's a very professional look, but there's also something a bit quirky about it. I think it's how your hair is all pulled back and because you have the dark-rimmed glasses.

I'm chuckling a bit at the mention of your height. I'm clueless about whether you feel tall or small! I'm a 6'2" woman from a 5'6" to 5'9" family! No idea where my height came from, but I grew 5 INCHES IN 1 YEAR in hight school!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I think the Rickeybird himself would agree you are a mighty good-lookin’ young hen, even for a featherless one. You go get ‘em!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm the jealous type. He's not getting a look at her, not one!

buurd

May 11, 2018
Parrots
2 Rosy Bourke's parrots
I often wish I was a bird - no hassle with make-up, my immaculate feathery outfit always perfectly colour-coordinated, no "bad hair days", even feathers to cover up the wrinkles...
Bliss!

I always wanted to wear one of those froufrou dresses covered in marabou or ostrich feather :31:

Now that I have birds, I am a little worried that I'll show up for an interview with a tiny feather sticking out of my hair and that I will remind people of the crazy bus driver lady from South Park.

buurd

May 11, 2018
Parrots
2 Rosy Bourke's parrots
Kiwi sent an application into Yellow-Nape Law International, Inc. for his Mom to be his Personal Staff Person 'legally.' The picture was attached and the application was approved by Pricilla herself! Pricilla's only question was what area of Law have you studied in and /or have been working in? FYI: If a full size, white SUV shows up at your place with a Yellow-Nape driving, that be Pricilla! So, your Masters Degree is in Law and your PHD is in Wowing!?!?

I have always knew you had it together lady, clearly you have now proven it to yourself!!!

Now from what I have heard, I believe, sir, that she is exceptionally well-versed in Bird Law:

[ame="https://youtu.be/IzAaxsG0mhU"]It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Charlie Kelly, a bird lawyer - YouTube[/ame]

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Kiwi sent an application into Yellow-Nape Law International, Inc. for his Mom to be his Personal Staff Person 'legally.' The picture was attached and the application was approved by Pricilla herself! Pricilla's only question was what area of Law have you studied in and /or have been working in? FYI: If a full size, white SUV shows up at your place with a Yellow-Nape driving, that be Pricilla! So, your Masters Degree is in Law and your PHD is in Wowing!?!?

I have always knew you had it together lady, clearly you have now proven it to yourself!!!

Now from what I have heard, I believe, sir, that she is exceptionally well-versed in Bird Law:

Yes, that is a true reality. Kiwi would not have it any other way. In fact likely well schooled in not only Bird Law, but specialized in Amazon Law! :D

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Great look! Love the confidence! Go get em! Best luck in your endeavors!!!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Wow! This tread had a lot of replies yesterday! Thank you everyone. Feedback seems overwhelmingly positive too:) I'm still terribly nervous though. Now I know I at least look like I have it together in a photo, we'll see how that holds up in the real world (or online world, lots of angry, unpleasant people on the internet too). Thankfully, I have discovered most of these 'social media' sites it is actually best to use an example of your art as the profile picture, something I have NO issue with lol. Except Linkedin, and this photo will work well enough for that platform, I think since it is a site that requires a professional appearance.

As for being a lawyer for that shameless law breaking green sandwich bandit... Yes judge, the 'honk' and wing flare means he pleads guilty to all charges plus a few you didn't even know about. He's indefensible!:green::p:D

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
April, you look amazing! So professional and self assured, I love this look on you.

buurd

May 11, 2018
Parrots
2 Rosy Bourke's parrots
Judge: "I find the defendant incredibly guilty [bangs gavel]. Baliff, take this bird away in your tiniest handcuffs."

Whoever helped you did a good job; kudos to them, also.

Good luck with your job search. I have no doubt you'll be successful, as image has got to be like 70% o what its made up of, and I think you have nailed it, madam.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hey, you have been face to face with an angry Amazon! So next time you feel nervous. Let your inner Amazon come to the surface. FYI: Just make sure there is no children around, well at least not close. You got this Lady! Kiwi has taught you well!

Most Reactions

Latest posts