Sounding the red alert?!

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
๐Ÿ’™ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.๐Ÿ’™
๐Ÿ’šRed~IRN~4 mos.๐Ÿ’š

๐Ÿ’›Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.๐Ÿ’›
Chichi is letting out these shrieks!! Like he's sounding the red alert! Not his usual loud squawks? There are ear piercing!!

Just wondering what they mean?! Hah. He's always doing it when he's out of his cage in the room alone. I can't be in there when he's doing it lol.

Scooter has an alarm call, he uses it for things like the vacuum cleaner. It's a loud, shrill, "Ack-ack-ack-ack-ack" sound. He will sometimes use them to try to get attention, but usually there is something actually worrying him.

Other times he rather loudly acknowledges contact calls from the appliances, but that's not nearly as harsh or persistent, it's more his usual sqwaking.

he could be calling for you, but i'm not sure...they do the strangest things lol!

We don't have any carpet, so no vacuum. You think he's lonely? By no means do I leave him in the room all day with no lovins! He's hangin out with me a lot. But maybe when he's in the room playin on the cage he gets lonely?...hmm

Yes, I agree -- he could be calling for your. That's what Pritti does. It's a scream of it's own and his body language and position on top of the cage is always the same -- he gets made when we come hope, open his cage, say hello and the dash off in to other rooms, like to put away groceries, visit bathroom, change clothese. It's a reminder "Hey, What about me?" So I just get him and let him hang out with me in the the other room or on my shoulder. First, my routine is to stand there and say "what? what do you want? Then I put my finger out and he hops up, so I know.

It's all about associating particular sounds with particular circumstances. If you ignore the noises you hate, they will probably become less frequent. Of course, if the noises the bird makes are constantly changing (like ours), it's almost impossible to peg down what they mean. We only have about 4-6 consistent noises at the moment.

Our Jenday screams like crazy (like the same frequency as a fire alarm) as soon as he gets out of his cage in the morning. For him it is more like an, "I'm awake. I'm here. Give me my fruits and veggies. Open the blinds so I can look outside." And then he is mostly quiet the rest of the day. He likes to watch the wild birds, squirrels, and trees.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back