Spring has arrived!

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
So I am sitting watching some TV tonight with Brady sitting happily in my lap hanging out giving her head scratches.. kind of absent minded I ran my hand down her back. HOLY MOLY it was like flipping a switch, she crouched low, flicking her wings and started clucking like a crazy woman. Hubby was like "What did you do to her!" Won't be doing that again for a while. She reacted immediately, my poor horny girl! :eek:

Tis the hormone season for a lot of birds. Poor Brady, I feel for you both. Lately when Poppy waves to be picked up, I tell her she's fine where she is. Sigh, this too may pass, but not soon enough.

Hahaha! Poor Brady. Why such a tease, Laura? [emoji23]

And Allee, I didn't know Poppy was such an amorous one as well! Springtime, indeed!

You tease, Laura! ;)

Did she sound like this? :D :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq-be7Y_yyY"]Clucking Chicken - YouTube[/ame]

yes, the 'season' is definitely here, LOL.

I think Jakiepoo is just a shameless hussie.

It has been 50 Shades of Green around my house, for the past 3 months. Starting to calm down a little, THANK GOD. My mom is coming to visit from out of state at the end of the month, hopefully they will be done with their shenanigans by then, lol.

How long does this last ?

And Molting g's these poor babies go thru a lot this time of year . And you guys poking fun awwwwwwwwww give them a extra treat.

I personally think this is a very funny thread LOL

Tis' the season for horny birds I see:52: Sounds like some of your girls are worse than the boys:eek: I told Mr. Kiwi that he's not allowed to date until he's 40:54: He was not amused that his newfound "nesting area" behind our chair will not be put to good use:20:

....He was not amused that his newfound "nesting area" behind our chair will not be put to good use:20:

Oh you party pooper, April. You mean you weren't gonna sit pretty for him on the nest he was prepping for you? :D

LOL, I let him know I don't like him "like that";) Actually, I ended up putting a big broom behind the chair to keep out the "unwanted" occupant and gave him a big toy to chew up in his cage instead.

Does anyone know if 3 is to young for hormonal behaviors in Double yellow head zons ? Reason I ask is Boomer is definitely hormonal . Her owners said she was 3 but then again they told me Tequila was 11 and hes a 30 plus year old zon.

I know henpecked would know with certainty. :)

I can tell you that my Sam will be 3 this month, and he wouldn't have a clue what to do with Hunter..... yet (nor will I ever allow him to do anything with/to her). But no, my Sam is still clueless and has zero hormonal issues. He's a Magna DYH.

yeah i'd say 3 is a bit young even for a pet bird. 5,6,7 maybe. But those are their teenage years. Funny this topic came up today, i caught the OWAs,DYHs,YNAs and the Magnas "practicing" today since my last post. Good thing none of them have nestboxes. Oh, msJakiepoo got off her cage and started shredding books on the bookcase today. Good grief, love is in the air.

Thanks , I have a feeling shes older . Now to see if I can get at her band :)

Ah yes Bosley has been searching for a nest for a while now. I get a little dance show in the evening too lol. I kept telling him it's not that kind of love

I can't help but laugh with this thread, too. :).

Poor birdies!

Hormones... No matter what species, can be so gosh darn annoying and make one completely loose thier minds! Nature at its finest!

I also have not noticed anything with Mopar yet, and he will be three this month.

Hahaha! Poor Brady. Why such a tease, Laura? [emoji23]

And Allee, I didn't know Poppy was such an amorous one as well! Springtime, indeed!

Yes, Doc, Poppy does get the wrong ideas about twice a year. There's a lot of difference in a snuggly Too and an amorous Too. Happily, I'm not usually the object of her affection, she falls for unsuspecting guests or toys, poor girl. Yesterday, she was calling to the wild birds from her window. I think she noticed a dove, she found attractive.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back