Stainless Steel Cages for medium to large parrots

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello
I am looking to buy a new cage.
I think the Stainless Steel cages are the Best, BUT the price is 2 or 3 times the typical metal cage with powder coating:(
Anyone recommend a reasonably priced stainless steel cage for amazon or electus size parrot?
I am willing to pay about $500 bucks but most are much higher;(
thank you

Attachments

• 5 26 2023 Moe taking afternoon nap .jpg
    5 26 2023 Moe taking afternoon nap .jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 7

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Stainless steel is nice, and easy to clean. I got one when we first brought home Nico from tractor supply, and it was clearanced out. We paid about $500 after tax. I’ve looked for ones for my conures, and I can’t find the deal I got previously. I’m waiting until one goes on sale, or on clearance. I don’t mind powder coated cages. The problem is that they rust, and my parrots take the opportunity to chew if it’s in an area that they can reach.

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Stainless steel is nice, and easy to clean. I got one when we first brought home Nico from tractor supply, and it was clearanced out. We paid about $500 after tax. I’ve looked for ones for my conures, and I can’t find the deal I got previously. I’m waiting until one goes on sale, or on clearance. I don’t mind powder coated cages. The problem is that they rust, and my parrots take the opportunity to chew if it’s in an area that they can reach.
Hello The stainless steel cage i wish is extra large as Moses likes to stretch in the am and then pm, is very expensive and the ones that are very large are in the $1500 range
advice from a parrot forum member recommended Bird Cages 4 less and i am going to order their Maui extra large cage for a little bit more than $600, thanks for your help

Last edited:

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hello
I am looking to buy a new cage.
I think the Stainless Steel cages are the Best, BUT the price is 2 or 3 times the typical metal cage with powder coating:(
Anyone recommend a reasonably priced stainless steel cage for amazon or electus size parrot?
I am willing to pay about $500 bucks but most are much higher;(
thank you
Your right, stainless steel is the most hygienic metal that man has alloyed making it expensive. Its the best choice for a cage.
I always recommend looking in your local online markets. My cage is worth over $700 and I got it for $50 used but in good condition

Most Reactions

Latest posts