Strange behaviour?

Fujiconure

Mar 8, 2022
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
I have a sweet GCC named Fuji, he is 4 years old and yesterday I believe he vomited. This happened after he got a few sips of CBD oil by mistake.

He is otherwise behaving very normally except for one thing, he seems to sip water between every mouthful of pellets. He doesn't do this with all food though. Seemingly just pellets! His droppings aren't watery at all, they're very normal. He hasn't vomited since yesterday and I am monitoring him closely- assuming the oil he got maybe irritated him.

Should I still get him to a vet, or see how things go for a few days?
If he vomits again or becomes lethargic etc I of course will rush him in. I am keeping a very close eye on him and I'm exceptionally paranoid so I will definitely notice anything else! I just wondered what your thoughts may be?

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Avian vet ASAP. Better be safe than sorry!

The "wait and see" technique isn't helpful with birds, especially with the fact that he has ingested CBD oil.

Wishing the best of luck!

OP
Fujiconure

Fujiconure

Mar 8, 2022
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Avian vet ASAP. Better be safe than sorry!

The "wait and see" technique isn't helpful with birds, especially with the fact that he has ingested CBD oil.

Wishing the best of luck!
Thanks for the response!

He's booked for a vet visit on Friday but if he declines at all before then I'll go through emergency! Hopefully all will be good until then!

Both me and the terror chicken appreciate it!

OP
Fujiconure

Fujiconure

Mar 8, 2022
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Just adding an update here, Fuji went to the vet and she couldn't find anything wrong with his crop, which is mostly what I was concerned about. However, since he took quite a while to catch his breath after being handled, he was given some precautionary medicine to treat a potential respiratory infection (He had one in the past)

If his behaviour continues to concern me I can take him back to the original vet for x-rays, though since I do not believe any swabs or dropping tests were taken, I may try taking him to a different, purely avian vet first for a second opinion.

Most Reactions

Latest posts