LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Rozalka, I don't think Zenek would ever forgive you if you introduced a Parvipsitta into your household, certainly your Bourkies never would. They are TROUBLE!!

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Rozalka, I don't think Zenek would ever forgive you if you introduced a Parvipsitta into your household, certainly your Bourkies never would. They are TROUBLE!!
Don't worry I'm not thinking about any parrots in next about 5 years:) The next parrot maybe would be in 10 years. At this moment no way;) I have to move out first. Maybe then I would be a better parront...

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Just found this on the interwebz and had to share. I haven't seen EVERY bird bath video in the world, but I'm pretty sure this would be one of the cutest!!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I was showing the video to Julio and he stood in front of the screen for the full video. At the end, he just walked away, not a single anything from watching it. Double-Yellow Head Amazon can be just so blasted stoic, at times!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I was showing the video to Julio and he stood in front of the screen for the full video. At the end, he just walked away, not a single anything from watching it. Double-Yellow Head Amazon can be just so blasted stoic, at times!
Awwwwwww, I know HRH Julio was feelin' the love for that little bathing beauty. He may not want to show it, but he'd be a sucker at heart for a cute birdie video just as much as the rest of us are! 💖

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Don't you wish you could read your bird's mind?
Oh but I already can!!

Val: "If i sneak around vewy vewy quiet like, I can hop into Lovejoy's cage and eat all his dry mix and mum won't ever notice!"

Fang: "If I sneak around vewy vewy quiet like, I can go chew the brickwork in the bird room and mum won't ever notice!"

No dice you guys, mum is onto both of you!!

Jem: "Where is that confounded lorikeet? How is it that he's everywhere all at once?? He's right behind me, isn't he ..... AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:eek::eek::eek:"

Lovejoy: "I'm a 24/7 bundle of sass and green fuzz and attitude and I know it and I do what I want and you better get outta my way - until snuggle time before bed when I wrap mum around my little claw!"

Indeed you do, baby boy, indeed you do 💖

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Oh but I already can!!

Val: "If i sneak around vewy vewy quiet like, I can hop into Lovejoy's cage and eat all his dry mix and mum won't ever notice!"

Fang: "If I sneak around vewy vewy quiet like, I can go chew the brickwork in the bird room and mum won't ever notice!"

No dice you guys, mum is onto both of you!!

Jem: "Where is that confounded lorikeet? How is it that he's everywhere all at once?? He's right behind me, isn't he ..... AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:eek::eek::eek:"

Lovejoy: "I'm a 24/7 bundle of sass and green fuzz and attitude and I know it and I do what I want and you better get outta my way - until snuggle time before bed when I wrap mum around my little claw!"

Indeed you do, baby boy, indeed you do 💖
As much as I love cute parrot videos part of me feels as though they don't present a very accurate picture to the general public of what parrot ownership, even small parrots like budgies, is really like. We on this forum know that our birds are not always cute and sweet. Sometimes they can be downright obnoxious. Parrots are like horses in a way- beautiful animals that can be unpredictable, even dangerous. It happens all the time, I fear. Someone who has never had a parrot is charmed by these cute videos and rushes out to buy one only to learn The Real Truth and the poor parrot that behaves like a parrot (they can BITE) is exiled to a tiny cage (big cages are very expensive) alone in a closed room (parrots are noisy) to eat an unhealthy seed only diet (they "won't eat veggies") OR get rehomed over and over again. I don't know what if anything can be done about this very real problem.

Most Reactions

Latest posts