Super happy yay yay! :3

Apalala

Oct 20, 2011
Why do you care!?!? STALKER!
Parrots
Harmin - White and Blue Budgie
Momiji - Bright Yellow & Green Budgie
Hiya peoples! I'm Apalala, but you gaiz can call me Apa. Cuz that's shorter and stuff.
So far, I own a little boy budgie, Harmin, but tomorrow I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get him a freind. Another budgie, of course. I've tried to tame him for about three months now, and nothing works; he's still scared of me; so I thought if I got him a buddy that was tamed, that would help him. Plus, I'm at school most of the day, so I don't want him to get lonely. It's not just for me, but the fact that he flies around like a maniac when I enter the room. I just don't want him to be scared.
Uumm, I kinda just came here for advice, since I'm a first-time bird owner, and I really don't want them to 'splode or die or anything. :3 And anyways, I wanted to make freinds. Freindly freinds!~
:whiteblue: This is a budgie, right? Funny, that's almost what Harmin looks like. XD

Oh, by the way, sorry if I did somethin I wasn't supposed too, cuz I haven't read the rules yet. Imma do that after I post this.
This place does have rules, right?

:64: Apa

Welcome! I think you'll get some good advice here.

My understanding is that it's harder to tame birds if they have a cage mate. I think it's nice to have a friend for him though, since you're gone a lot. Maybe you could keep them in separate cages, but nearby each other.

Thanks, Rio Mom! That's a beautiful bird in your signature, by the way. :3
Thanks to you too, Remy. But I'm going to be getting an already tamed bird, and I read somewhere on this site that if Harmin saw me interacting with the other bird, he would try it out too. And even if that's not the truth, I still want to get him a buddy.
Dang, that's a good idea too. (On keeping them in seperate cages) The problem is, I don't have enough money to do that. :/ My allowance only allows me about $10 per month. But that might be something to look into later.

Thank you both for your help and welcoming and stuffs!

Apa

EDIT - I found who said it. It was KBEquine, I think.
They are also copycats. So the budgie will make note of the good interactions he sees between you & the bigger birds & when he is comfortable with you, will try to get the same reactions the big birds get. Make him jealous of your relationship with the macaw & the grey & you'll get a lot of good results.\

I think they were appointing that to people with bigger birds, but it still counts, right?

Last edited:
Well, if the new one is tame then you might be okay. You can try having them in the same cage, and if they start bonding with each other instead of you, then you can consider another cage. Sometimes birds decide they'd rather bond with other birds than humans.

Good luck! :-D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back