Syd the Psycho

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
You know I sometimes wonder if Syd has character traits that I haven't yet got a handle on. I'm tired today. Lack of sleep last night has made today a bit of a challenge. Not to be thwarted I went out into the garden and did some gardening during the morning and came in for lunch. OK I guess that's all pretty normal I can hear you all say.

I prepared my own and Syds which we both enjoyed and in my usual way I let Syd out of his cage for an hour of play - or so I thought. Oh no - he had a much better game in mind. The detritus of lunch prep is still sitting on the side (I know I'm a slattern but remember I am exhausted today!) anyway Syd eyes the worktop and fakes lack of interest occasionally pinning me with one eye, I guess to see if I was focussing, but then proceeded to prance along the whole worktop testing. My bottle of squash has now got half a label as he realised he could rip it off, anything else that he found he could move has been pushed or tossed to the floor, and when he had finally cleared the surface he rose into the air with what I can only describe as an exultant shriek, circled the room, landed on my shoulder, clambered to his favourite place just behind my head and I suspect is now fast asleep.

Now I don't know whether to feel hard done by, throw him off to start clearing up, or just enjoy the moment and have 40 winks myself.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
You know I sometimes wonder if Syd has character traits that I haven't yet got a handle on. I'm tired today. Lack of sleep last night has made today a bit of a challenge. Not to be thwarted I went out into the garden and did some gardening during the morning and came in for lunch. OK I guess that's all pretty normal I can hear you all say.

I prepared my own and Syds which we both enjoyed and in my usual way I let Syd out of his cage for an hour of play - or so I thought. Oh no - he had a much better game in mind. The detritus of lunch prep is still sitting on the side (I know I'm a slattern but remember I am exhausted today!) anyway Syd eyes the worktop and fakes lack of interest occasionally pinning me with one eye, I guess to see if I was focussing, but then proceeded to prance along the whole worktop testing. My bottle of squash has now got half a label as he realised he could rip it off, anything else that he found he could move has been pushed or tossed to the floor, and when he had finally cleared the surface he rose into the air with what I can only describe as an exultant shriek, circled the room, landed on my shoulder, clambered to his favourite place just behind my head and I suspect is now fast asleep.

Now I don't know whether to feel hard done by, throw him off to start clearing up, or just enjoy the moment and have 40 winks myself.
I think you both deserve 40 winks, you for all your efforts in the garden, and Syd for "helping" clear the kitchen bench. The kitchen floor, however, is a matter for another time - and I'm 1000% positive Syd will be only too happy to help you with that as well ;)

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I hope you took the opportunity for a nap, it sounds like you need it!

What a funny little fellow. I can see having a conure in the house is going to be a little crazy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts