Taming rossela parrot again

Bridx23

Aug 30, 2022
Parrots
Rossela
Hello everyone,
So, in 2017 I've got a rossela parrot. He was previously taken care of by a human breeder(since he was born) so he wasnt scared of humans. He lived with me and my dad.
He was a very well behaved parrot. He wouldnt bite you very often, he would always fly over to your finger, etc.
In 2018 though, I had to leave him over at my mom's place as I had to go for a holiday. He was there for around 3 months.
After I brought him back his behaviour really changed. He would bite you if you got your hand too close to him(although he still accepted being hand-fed), and generally he was just more aggressive. However, I believe he still kinda liked me. He always liked being close to me, he would get very annoyed when someone else entered the room when we were alone together, whenever I slept he would come very close to me and wouldnt leave me. And even though he would attack if you got your hand close to him, he would still get close to you, like land on your head or shoulders, or sit on your lap.
Now, due to some personal circumstances, me and my dad had to be out of the country for the past 3 years since 2019. He has been with my mom since then. He has gotten kinda fond of her during that time.
I am wondering, when I get him back, will he be even more aggressive? Will he no longer consider me his owner? I visited them whenever I was in the country, almost every other week, so I dont really think he has forgotten me, but could that be the case? Does he now just think of her as his owner and not me?
And of course, can he be tamed again, can he become the parrot he used to be when I got him, or is he now just grown up and set in his ways?
I appreciate any answers I get,
Thank you all.

Most Reactions