Tatttoos?

lokiNotis

Jul 3, 2012
WV
Parrots
Loki-Green Cheek Conure
Otis-blue Quaker Bandit-YNA
Tattoos are one of my obsessions. I wondered how many of you guys have tattoos. I have 9 and a get a new one every year. Most of mine have senimental value. So what do you have (if any)? Thought this might be an intersting thread.

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
Two so far. One on my calf that says Elvis, after my best friend, Elvis passed I got it and one on my shoulder that says "I you". My hubby has a matching tat of that, its because love is too weak of a word to explain how we feel <3

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
I have 8 so far 2 on my neck one that has the first letter and second letter of my name I have my grandma on the other side a big tribal on my left upper arm and a medium one on my right I have my dad on the side of my right arm my mam on the inside of my left arm my old dogs name on the inside of my right and a cross on my right leg :)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I ain't got no tattoos! Haha. :) I like the idea of yours Mara!

Pookamama

Jul 10, 2012
Oregon, USA
Parrots
Pepper, a Timneh African Grey
I admire other people's tattoos, but have none of my own. I would love to see pics of everybody's, though!

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
I've always been unwilling to do something that permanent! My husband has three, however, each of which was a custom design and which has strong symbolic meaning to him.

BarkleyLoves

Jul 23, 2012
TX
Parrots
Barkley (4yo Eclectus)----
Pepper (7yo White-Capped Pionus)
I have 1 on my ankle, wrapped around it. It's music. I want to get another one this year, with a fleur-de-leis on my hip or back of my shoulder. Does anyone else put sunscreen on their tat to prevent it from fading? Or am I just a freak?

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
I have a flower on the top of my foot, it was on my bucket list before i turned 50!

OP
L

lokiNotis

Jul 3, 2012
WV
Parrots
Loki-Green Cheek Conure
No Barkleyloves your not a freak! I also put sunscreen on mine. I have a fleur-de-leis (?spelling) in one of my tattoos. It is in my family coat of arms. That I have tattooed on one of my shoulders. Almost all of my ink is dedicated to family members and friends.

Last edited:

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I have 17 piercings and 6 tattoos, with a few more in the works. My favorite is my rib piece, it goes from about where my bra starts down to my hip and says "vegan" and I also really like the one on my shoulder which is the animal liberation/human liberation symbol. The next one I really want to get is my beatles tattoo, I want the words, "take these broken wings and learn to fly" with a blackbird across my shoulder blades. And I also want to get a calf piece of two budgies perched on an australian native tree, haven't decided which type of tree yet though, that one is still in the very early stages :)

OP
L

lokiNotis

Jul 3, 2012
WV
Parrots
Loki-Green Cheek Conure
Icywolf I also have my ribs done. It hurt like CRAZY. It took 9 hours in one seating (worth it though). I have a vine (which was in my Mom's house before she passed) it starts on my right hip, goes up my ribs, across my shoulder and down my right arm. This fall I am going to take it the rest of the way down my hip to my knee. Eventually I will take it down to my ankle and tie it in with the band I have there. I just can't stop! Me and piercings don't mix. I had my naval done 3 times but it just didn't do well. I can't even wear earrings. I guess I'll stick to the ink!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I agree, my ribs hurt sooo bad! It wasn't horrible at first but once we hit the three hour mark I could have swore he was taking a straight scalpel to my side :52: I still have to get it touched up, it was done completely with a liner so there are some spots that need filled in, I'm not exactly chompin' at the bit to get my next session done though lol.

side1.jpg

OP
L

lokiNotis

Jul 3, 2012
WV
Parrots
Loki-Green Cheek Conure
Looks good Icywolf. I would like to have my other side done but I think I will pass on that. I have half sleeves on both arms and everybody said under the arm hurt awful. Honestly I didn't think it was bad at all. Yeah it hurt more than the front side of the arm but it was nothing like everybody said. I was really suprised. I would post pictures of mine but I am too dumb to figure out how to post pictures. I like the black/grey tattoos the best. I have a few with color but I stopped getting those and just go with black/grey now. Good luck on your touch up. I feel your pain!!!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I can join in here...I have a couple , one of my horse , a beautiful portrait of my girl, across my shoulder.
And a marine piece I designed myself from nautical jewelry, across my lower back.
Both are very sentimental to me , thats why I got them.
My girl will be with me forever and my nautical past will always be close to my heart.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
ummmmmmmm, I can't show mine :54:

Got a friend with a parrot tattoo that is awesome

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
i have some but most you can't see lol! :27: three are on my ankle - a swallow with chain, pearl strand, and a medal of st. andrew with the sideways cross behind him.

i'm the girl with the dragon tattoo on my back lol...i got it when i was 15 :headwall: and it covers 75% of the area. recently, i removed half of it. i need 1 more treatment and its gone.

i have another kanji symbol behind my ear by neck.

i am going to get another one day... i wanted to get something for my dog and my husband (not a name!).

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I haven't been able to decide on one. I wish they would only last a few years, not forever!

I have considered getting "Love as thou wilt." from the Kushiel's Legacy series. I've been thinking about it for a few years, but I don't know if I'd actually like how it looks forever.

I was thinking of getting a heart with wings after Puck died, but I am not sure I want to mark my body ever time somebody I love dies, so I will wait a while to see if I still want it. I've been wearing his memorial pendant, which works for me.

I have my ears pierced, but I almost never wear earrings because my ears get irritated easily, even with "sensitive" earrings.

I have my belly button pierced, and I leave it in all the time. It took a LONG time to heal, but as long as I leave in, it's fine now.

BarkleyLoves

Jul 23, 2012
TX
Parrots
Barkley (4yo Eclectus)----
Pepper (7yo White-Capped Pionus)
Ya'll are making me want to get another one! lol.

As far as the piercings go, I had my eyebrow done multiple times, but I'm allergic to the metal and it kept trying to force itself out through my skin...ick. No ears pierced, though i'm still on the fence on that one. The eyebrow had to get a titanium bar because of the metal allergy. :( Wish I still had it. My mom says 28 is too old for piercings...I completely disagree!

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
I have three.....two most people can't see (a wolf paw print, and hubby's name) and an angel with her wings spread on my lower back....I had the artist add a star for each baby that we lost to miscarriage to her halo....he also added a small thorn to each star.....it has incredible meaning to me.

I am still working on a design for a memorial to our son who was born 15 weeks early and only lived for a week...I'm thinking angel wings with a halo forming a heart shape with his name and dates.....not sure yet.....

Piercings....I have several, but none show in clothing!!!! lol

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I have the normal piercings , ears , belly button :)
Looked great when I was younger ,lolol.
I hate getting old :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts