May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Petunia the raccoon has been visiting out porch for a little while now. We suspected she was pregnant, but never knew for sure, until last night, when she showed up for the bowl of seed and mealworms I leave out for her (so she doesn't try to climb the bird feeder) with 3 adorable babies!

We named them Ivory (after their white little faces), Scamp (the most rowdy one), and Rose (to go with Petunia). The little cuties were trying to interact with us through the window while Petunia ate her food. They ate some seed, then pressed their little paws up against the window.

And man, are they cute! Seriously, raccoons are already adorable and we were already oooo-ing and ahhh-ing over Petunia when she visited, but it only got cuter!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Petunia the raccoon has been visiting out porch for a little while now. We suspected she was pregnant, but never knew for sure, until last night, when she showed up for the bowl of seed and mealworms I leave out for her (so she doesn't try to climb the bird feeder) with 3 adorable babies! We named them Ivory (after their white little faces), Scamp (the most rowdy one), and Rose (to go with Petunia). The little cuties were trying to interact with us through the window while Petunia ate her food. They ate some seed, then pressed their little paws up against the window.

And man, are they cute!
Pictures!!!! Pretty please? Nothing cuter than a baby raccoon:)

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Pictures!!!! Pretty please? Nothing cuter than a baby raccoon:)
We didn't take pics last night, for fear of scaring the obviously starving Petunia, but if they come by again tonight, I'll be sure to snap some pics!

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Hmm, apparently milk isn't good for them. So cheese is a no. I'm glad they liked the mealworms, though! I'll be sure to put more out tonight.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Cute but..... Racoons are one of the leading carriers of rabies, and are best left alone as much as possible.
Yup, I do not interact with them! Nor do I live in a city or anywhere close. She's quite fearful, actually, and we like to keep it that way. I think the babies are curious, but we discourage them from interacting with us through the glass by banging it or just staying away when they're around. We kind of need to feed them, though, or they'll get into the bird feeder (which we can't relocate).

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
She didn't come by last night.. there was a storm. Hopefully all are well and they'll come by tonight! I'll take a picture if that happens but otherwise keep my distance.

Most Reactions