The Levi Diaries

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Geeez Tam that looks deeelishious! Look at that boy stuff his face lol.
Does he take a snooze after noshing down a meal like that? ;)

Jim

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

Jim

Thanks Jim. No he doesn't. ha :D
The cooked part is the BSB, cajun flavor, I just add more stuff to it. :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
The new bowl is definitely Levi approved! The look on his face is pure concentration, love it!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Jim

Gotcha on the BSB grub. I also add stuff. Amy seems to be picky/finicky with that stuff. Sometimes he'll pig out and other times just looks at it,then me,with a "What?? this cr** again?" :rolleyes: Funny though with BB..he usually doesn't get it in his bowl,but every night before bedtime and we're watching tv I'll make him a small plate and he just digs in. He'll be at the plate for ten minutes pigging out making little grunts and MMmmm sounds then walk away and come back a few minutes later. I gave him the Cajun flavor,where he'd chow down,then shake his head like its too hot...then go back for more lol. He really likes the veggie flavor :35:

Jim

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
The new bowl is definitely Levi approved! The look on his face is pure concentration, love it!

Thx my friend!
I was afraid it would be too light and he’d fling it on the floor. But, so far so good. :smile049:
Maybe he can’t b/c there’s nothing to grab onto …? 🤔

Jim

Gotcha on the BSB grub. I also add stuff. Amy seems to be picky/finicky with that stuff. Sometimes he'll pig out and other times just looks at it,then me,with a "What?? this cr** again?" :rolleyes: Funny though with BB..he usually doesn't get it in his bowl,but every night before bedtime and we're watching tv I'll make him a small plate and he just digs in. He'll be at the plate for ten minutes pigging out making little grunts and MMmmm sounds then walk away and come back a few minutes later. I gave him the Cajun flavor,where he'd chow down,then shake his head like its too hot...then go back for more lol. He really likes the veggie flavor :35:

Jim

Good for BB.
Levi didn't take to it right away, but now he really likes it.
I buy the veggie & the cajun. He isn't a cinnamon fan and most of the other flavors have cinnamon. In the evening, I'll make a small portion than add a little seed mix to it. Maybe try that w/ Amy?

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Jim this is Levi after a feast on Bird Street Bistro .... ha :D

nb3bH8u.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Levi eating 'Volkman Seed Featherglow Fancy Soak & Simmer' for the first time :D He never eats anything the first time I offer it. Yippeee .... :04:

YAY ... He Likes It!! :D

mK3bcW9l.jpg

Thank you Thor! for telling me about this the other day. :heart:

Sweet! You are most welcome, Speedy! Yeah, my Eclectic Duo always goes insane when I cook this up for them, so I figured it would be a hit for Sir Levi as well. I'm glad that turned out to be the case!

Smart, stubborn, determined or all of the above?

Levi & the Pen - YouTube

I LOVE this one! Wickedly smart AND determined! Please tell, where'd you get that foraging cage thing?

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Levi eating 'Volkman Seed Featherglow Fancy Soak & Simmer' for the first time :D He never eats anything the first time I offer it. Yippeee .... :04:

YAY ... He Likes It!! :D

mK3bcW9l.jpg

Thank you Thor! for telling me about this the other day. :heart:

Sweet! You are most welcome, Speedy! Yeah, my Eclectic Duo always goes insane when I cook this up for them, so I figured it would be a hit for Sir Levi as well. I'm glad that turned out to be the case!

Smart, stubborn, determined or all of the above?

Levi & the Pen - YouTube

I LOVE this one! Wickedly smart AND determined! Please tell, where'd you get that foraging cage thing?

Thank you again THOR! 🥰
I'm always looking for fresh ideas for him and it's a bonus when he is receptive. 👍🏻 Quick question, after you soak it overnight, how long do you cook it?

Yes, I was so surprised at how long and focused he was on the mission, man he had to get that pen.... ha :D

I got it on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FY8BKX8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thank you, Lady Tams!

After the overnight soaking, I cover the pot and let it simmer for an hour. Basically, you know you're good once the beans get tender and the skins split.

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
YES, I'm gonna eat his face, what of it.....?
sVf851Y.jpg

Watch while I dismantle this puttz! .... :D
Oev3GjE.jpg

This is how it's done. Take That!
TnR31ju.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Yes, removing the eyes and nose makes them even more exposed to my sinister plot of eat their face off. While leaving the Humans to believe that the threads likely failed! The magic of slight of Bill...

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Those things are not to be trusted, human servants don’t fully understand do they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
It's so true, the sinister plot behind the bill. :eek:

Those things are not to be trusted, human servants don’t fully understand do they?

We don't fully understand, is quite the understatement isn't it? :D

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
So, it's been awhile since I updated Levi's journey. I've been busy helping zap spammers ... :D Which can be quite fun ... haha

Okay, I had to share the coolest thing.
So, I finally got around to making this for Levi & I was pleasantly surprised. I thought for sure he'd be afraid as he is afraid of anything new.
I was so wrong. He LOVED everything minute of it!!
Check it out:

Levi -vs- the Stuffed Artichoke

dYXsuUD.jpg

5RacoL4.jpg

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
in case you're wondering I stuffed it with:
Almonds
Blackberries
Bok choy
Broccoli
brussel sprouts
Carrots
Chickpeas
Cucumbers
Flax seeds
Hot peppers
pumpkin seeds
radish
Strawberries
Sweet potatoes

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
A work of art!!! Did he eat the artichoke part? I've wondered how desirable a good iteam it is.

Great picture of the bear too, as Levi points out, these are the eyes, this here is the nose . Lol

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Thanks Laura! Well, kind of he ripped & shredded on the leaves & then threw them aside. I didn't actually see him eating them. Maybe next time...?

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
That stuffed artichoke is amazing! And Levi obviously agreed! Beautiful, Tams! And as always, I must comment on that plumage! Absolutely beautiful!

Most Reactions

Latest posts