OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
I've been considering getting some of those. I hate using a whole drop for just one dish!

Get them, you won't regret it. You just have to be cognizant of what paper towel your grabbing. These are NOT for drying so you'll need to keep regular paper towels too. Try to dry anything with them, or even wipe Down he counter, and you'll be sorry.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Fabulous lists! Lots of novel ideas here.

I want to add the Dawn/dish soap-infused Bounty sheets. My partner bought these by mistake one day, but they have proven invaluable when cleaning individual pet bowls (don't have enough bowls to wait for the dishwasher). Don't want to use the regular sponge for these.

I'll have to try some of those

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP
At work I'm gonna say my cordless upright and the shammies I hang over the back of my computer monitors to protect from bomb drops. Gracie has a boing, tall tree stand lots of play areas but still likes to perch on my monitor when she wants to catch a few or eat lunch.

At home - our 2 dogs, no joke these guys take care of all the food mess that Gracie spews all over the place lol they wait beneath her with mouths wide open for their goodies to drop. My smoothie blender since turning her leafy greens, broccoli and cauliflower into juice or popsicles is the only way I can get them in her.

Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6
Same here. Our 6 chihuahuas keep the floor bird food free.

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP

I have 2 terrier mixes (shizu / yorkie / lhasa types) and they say no to nothing.. she happily disposes of her unwanted veggies and pellets to their waiting "beaks". They thank her by not eating her .. win win :)

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)

My Yorkie does such a good job cleaning up behind me and my partner I was really hoping she would do the same for the bird. Not so much. I'm actually a little disappointed. More work for me :(

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Umm... newspaper? Ha ha.

Most Reactions