The Skittle Dance

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Skittles does what I would call the "chicken dance." He squats down, lowers his head and flaps his wings without extending them. He is obviously happy when he is doing this and often squawks when doing this. Has anyone seen this with their macaws? Is he trying to tell me something?

[ame=http://youtu.be/5o7KS8niSOM]Skittles, the big wet bird - YouTube[/ame]
5o7KS8niSOM

OP
Chesphoto

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Oh, I did just spray him with a misting bottle. He loves it! Next step is to take him into the shower. ;)

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Ha Ha ,Skittles is great :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
How adorable!

Yes, my GW makes motions just like Skittles when he gets excited, especially if he wants me to come closer to him.

I love it when they are so animated. :)

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
Lucy does that when she gets excited to see me come to pick her up or sees me coming to hand feed her. Sometimes she will even run side to side on her perch when she gets really excited. I still hand feed her twice a day, and got Phoenix the almost 2 year old rescue back to hand feeding twice a day.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
The leaning forwards and wing quivering thing is a begging behavior! They want to move from where they are at to wherever they are pointed to! (usually.... but not always!)

Gorgeous!

Most Reactions