Thought id share a full picture of my cross stitch project

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Finished page 6 and onto page 7/26! According toy stitching, I'm 25.53%done

Attachments

• IMG-20220516-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20220516-WA0000.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 45

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
WOW! You guys have some nice pieces going on! :) I've done some cross stitching in the past, but my eyes aren't as good anymore and threading a needle is work. I envy my Tante Katie, who cross stitched for hours while she was in the hospital with cancer. She did some amazing stuff!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
WOW! You guys have some nice pieces going on! :) I've done some cross stitching in the past, but my eyes aren't as good anymore and threading a needle is work. I envy my Tante Katie, who cross stitched for hours while she was in the hospital with cancer. She did some amazing stuff!
It was seeing a piece that used to hang in my grandma's home ,that my late aunt did that got me into stitching. It was a gorgeous piece that I used to look at every time i visited . And I've been stitching on and off over the years

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I am working on a new all project , o my to realise I have to unpick all the wording because I've miscounted. Badly. It's 8 stitches too low

Apparently cross stitchbis proving that I can't count ! Now I've got to spend twice as long unpicking the stitching so I can re stitch it in the right place

I have looked to see if there's a way o could juggle the rest of the wording , but it's just not possible as there's no space to do so .

Attachments

• IMG-20220611-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20220611-WA0001.jpeg
    648.5 KB · Views: 47
OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Been there! I was unimpressed! **Hugs** Looks great, though!
Thank you!

I'm so mad with it right now . Thankfully it's a surprise gift for a friend so there's no time limit

I knew it was going too well ! I was sailing through it and I was like great, I'll get this finished tonight....it would seem that's not the case hahah

I'm leaving it tonight and I'm gonna sort it tomorrow.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I had one where I did that. it was mostly all words and somehow I miscalculated. So frustrating!! Well in my case i had gone too far to un-pick -- and had Not done the bottom yet -- and so I just deleted some of the ending words...

Yours looks great! I'm sorry about the need to un-pick -- so frustrating!!! But it looks great and I'm sure when you finally have it finished, to your satisfaction, the person you're making it for is going to love it.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I love the stained-glass looking needlepoint!

I have a pattern for a William Morris needlepoint but it may never get done...or i will be blind afterwards.

Most Reactions

Latest posts