hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
Lafeber is the brand I feed. I tried to get my flock on a number of brands but they couldn't all agree on what they liked, at one point I was buying 3 different kinds of pellets just to make sure everyone was eating! Then I tried Lafeber, everyone likes it.

OP
vljenewein

vljenewein

Dec 1, 2021
Fennville, MI
Parrots
Rocky & Adrian - Budgerigars
at one point I was buying 3 different kinds of pellets just to make sure everyone was eating! Then I tried Lafeber, everyone likes it.
Thanks for the feedback. You have quite a few to feed, and not all Budgies. Conures, Lovebird, Cockatiel, and Doves. Getting all those to agree would be difficult. At least you are now down to just 1 brand of pellets. :)

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
Thanks for the feedback. You have quite a few to feed, and not all Budgies. Conures, Lovebird, Cockatiel, and Doves. Getting all those to agree would be difficult. At least you are now down to just 1 brand of pellets. :)
Indeed! I've read a lot of reviews stating Harrisons is the easiest to transition to, but none of my birds would eat Harrisons. They have a "spicy" formula that my doves were fond of but the regular pellets were a dud. And my doves were my lowest priority as their nutritional needs differ from parrots so parrot pellets aren't their main diet.

Good luck, whatever brand you choose!

OrrinocosMom

Jul 29, 2021
Media
Albums
New England
Parrots
Orrinoco The Pirate
OK, so, It is not the only thing my guy gets by far (I make amazing chop, he gets lots of grains and sprouts and some seeds and nuts etc), but previous owner used LaFebers pellets - and gave me a huge supply of them when I adopted. Noco (31 year old B&G Macaw) LOVES them. But then he loves a LOT of things. He enjoys the crunch, and also throwing them at the dogs who grovel like piggies in mud to get whatever falls (even when it is aimed at their heads...) I will keep using LaFebers at least until the supply runs out.

OP
vljenewein

vljenewein

Dec 1, 2021
Fennville, MI
Parrots
Rocky & Adrian - Budgerigars
Lafeber sent me 2 samples to try, their regular maintenance and one that looks like it but has fruit in it. Neither of the Budgies touch it, but eat the Roudybush seeds quite willingly. The Zebra Finches also eat the Roudybush pretty well too.

Most Reactions