Time for a groom..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
..for the green dinosaurrious. Was a beautiful day here. Out to the deck for a shower. Usually he waves his arms frantically,twisting his head back and forth like Linda Blair and jiggling his rudder but today he just sat on his X perch,arms held close to his side,head down as he tried to bite the spray and raise his foot to catch it. Seeing he was in a bad mood I told him "lets go for a ride to Dairy Queen" I swear he knows what "go for a ride" means coz he perked right up.

Brought him to the car and opened the door to perch him on the sill so I could put the Harley back in the garage. As I rolled the bike in I looked back and saw the driver door slowly starting to close. Amy,realizing his toes were about to get crushed,jumped from the door,waving his arms madly,and softly touched down on the driveway! THANK GOD he does not know how to fly! He would have played a Beebers and been gone and he doesnt know enough to come back to me..in fact he really doesn't give a hoot. I scooped him up from the driveway asking if he was ok. He looked at me with a "what just happened?" kind of a look and mumbled something in Amazon speak.

At DQ there quite a few people there and a couple young kids..5/6 year olds.They ohhh and ahhhed at Amy and he got into it..he just loves strangers attention,.saying just about every word and phrase he know delighting the kids and some grown-up's lol. Back in the car he did his usual nibbling my ear,preening my beard and removing my sunglasses while doing amazon gurgles.

Phewww! Calling his doc today..too close for comfort.

Jim

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hmmm, its the forever a kid thing that is so easy to forget.

With a fully flighted green dinosaurrious, it is alway a required process!

The good news is that Amy had enough feathers to safely land!

It is so true, they just love to be the center of the World!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Hmmm, its the forever a kid thing that is so easy to forget.

With a fully flighted green dinosaurrious, it is alway a required process!

The good news is that Amy had enough feathers to safely land!

It is so true, they just love to be the center of the World!

He's been fully flighted for a year now 'Boats :eek: Shame on ME for being lax in my servant's duties!!! Thinking this goofball is never gonna fly,why waste the time and money ( big fn deal,24 bux for nails and sleeves) It would literally kill me if he went zooming off not knowing where he was going or if he'd ever see me or Beebs and Uncle David :(

Jim

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

And here it is, 2 AM and still fretting over it!

Dang straight David! 10:17 and it's still swirling around in my pea sized cranium! :eek:

Jim

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Both you and Amy did a great save!! A shame to have to clip but sometimes the price of safety.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

I just noticed last night he is dropping sleeves now..found one in Beebs water bowl :confused: ( how it got there I have no clue) and one under his house. So I'm going to wait until he drops more before getting a clip.
Scott you are correct. When he stretches his arms out he is gorgeous..I feel bad when he has holes in his arms. I will be more diligent if/when we go on adventures now before his visit with doc Kristin.

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Always disliked the term Clip! More into a Trim! Yes, I understand that its near the same, but!

Amy, likely needs at most a trim! Big Birds with a heavy clip and you have a stone with mass falling to the floor! Not a pretty sight either.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Always disliked the term Clip! More into a Trim! Yes, I understand that its near the same, but!

Amy, likely needs at most a trim! Big Birds with a heavy clip and you have a stone with mass falling to the floor! Not a pretty sight either.

Understand that statement 100% Steven! So does Doc Kristen! She always says "just enough for him/them to lightly touch down" like Mr Bojangles...daaannnnceeeee :D:rolleyes:

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts