Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Hey guys! So it's widely understood among Ekkie parronts how much they HATE having their perfect "doo" messed with. Today was one of those rare days when Tucker, being in an extra loveable mood, decided it wasn't so bad! Only lasted a minute or two, but he actually seemed to enjoy it in the moment. He's such a good boy! Had to share, since it's something we don't see very often. :)
feac7b9944886980a2116e274bf1f656.jpg

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thanks Al! I'm so lucky with both of my birdies. Both soooo sweet, but entirely different. :)

Iyanden

Feb 9, 2021
Bay area
Parrots
Female eclectus (Celeste, ~3 yrs old)
I've noticed the best chances I have of Celeste tolerating head/cheek scratches is after she's got a full belly in the evening.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Tucker is just an extremely loveable guy. Sometimes more so than others, but this was actually this morning while I was getting his breakfast ready. My amazon lives for scratches, so sometimes I do it with Tucker, more out of habit than anything else. This time, he thought it was a good thing, until he didn't lol! But no, no biting or retaliation involved. Just ran down my arm and looked at me. :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I'm assuming that he required that you straight any 'out of place' feathers when you finished?

LOL: "he thought it was a good thing, until he didn't" That statement is so on target with so many Parrots.

Julio only accepts such treatment when his girlfriend is not around! :D We are so best of buds, unless we are not! :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
100% bonded, you are so lucky Jon! I could never do that with my male Ekkie, Sasquatch. Angel (female) far more willing.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Boats, yes of course I had to put things back in their proper place when he decided he was done! Couldn't let himself be seen like THAT, you know :)

Scott, I am truly blessed with both my fids! The bond is real! :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh wow, you were so lucky to be able to capture that rare moment on camera, Jon! Tucker is so gorgeous :)

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
So cute!!

I’ve gotten Parker to where I can pet Parker in the head...in the morning when he first gets up....one finger....with the grain....5 seconds max.

Lots of rules.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ahh, Chris, I totally understand the rules. There are many... Tucker is kind of an exception to them for the most part, but this morning was like an exception to the exception! He still has his own set of things I must, or must not do, but he's pretty agreeable to handling, and has never, even on his worst day, tried to bite me. Constant reminders of how lucky I am!

Last edited:

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Ahh, Chris, I totally understand the rules. There are many... Tucker is kind of an exception to them for the most part, but this morning was like an exception to the exception! He still has his own set of things I must, or must not do, but he's pretty agreeable to handling, and has never, even on his worst day, tried to bite me. Constant reminders of how lucky I am!

I hate you...

I’m the ONLY one Parker bites, multiple times a year.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

I hate you...

Clearly you are the one with the tasty blood. :D

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I hate you...

I'm so sorry, Chris. I'm sure Parker means those bites as nothing but love. (Or uncontrollable chemical flow?)

Most Reactions

Latest posts