TOP'S pellets

zana

Sep 14, 2020
I bought these https://topsparrotfood.com/collecti...ps-small-parrot-pellets?variant=7315002261547. Was skeptical, because Zana refuse every food different than seeds...until now. After she tried these pellets...she can't stop eat them lol. My question:
Is this foot enough for her diet + yolk egg once per week and carrot 1-2 times per week? She just refuse every other food - kiwi, pepper, banana,tangerines, apples.

edit: no info on package about vitamins and minerals content, just this:

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein min 13.6%, Crude Fiber max 8%, Crude Fat min 5%, Moisture max 10.3%.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Tops and Harrisons are our favorite type of Pellets.
We believe that it is very important to always Freeze our Parrot's Dry foods as to keep them fresh!

Providing Greens from dark to light and then all the others is important to their overall health. Lots of ways to feed, we commonly provide it as the first meal of the day.

We also provide a high quality wide selection of seed, grain, nuts, dry pasta and other like dry foods. Zero sunflower and peanuts for our Amazon.

OP
Z

zana

Sep 14, 2020
Can I give her both - TOP'S with Versela Laga Prestige? She like it a lot. Of course will remove sunflower seeds and peanuts.
btw, in my country is almost impossible to find pellets. ONLY one online store offer TOP'S pellets. All other brands are versele laga, padovan, vitakraft, deli nature. And they offer just basic parrot food.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Fortified diets, where dry food are used can be problematic as they can act as to much of a good thing. Yes, they can be mixed and provided. But keep working of the fresh foods as they 'should' represent the larger portion of they diet.

We eliminate completely the Sunflower and peanuts because for Amazons they contribute to fatter liver issues.

Fresh foods can be difficult and Parrots are know for being picking as to not only what fresh foods they will eat, but also whether it is provided whole or sliced, clopped, etc, etc, etc...

CharlieChick

Dec 7, 2020
Pellets+egg yolks+carrots is not enough in my opinion. I would add more vegetables in your bird’s diet. Lovebirds are very picky, I know... but in order to live a long, healthy life, you bird needs more vegetables.

What most bird owners do, is give their birds something called a “chop” in the morning, “chop” is basically just a mix of 3-4 different kind of vegetables. I recommend you to do the same but it may take a lot of time for your bird to adjust to it well and start eating.
One of my lovebirds is an extremely picky eater and would rather starve to death than to eat some vegetables like spinach.

There are other foods like fruits and seeds too.
I view these as treats and should be given in limited quantities only.
Thanks and I wish you good luck with getting your picky bird to eat vegetables
:rainbow1:
:rainbow1:

Most Reactions