Tutorial on how to make bird-safe paper mache pinata huts

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
A lot of people have been asking me over time about how I make my birdy pinata huts which use bird-safe flour glue and paper mache methods...

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Last edited:

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Ahh!! This is soooo cool!!

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
I'm thinking maybe you could just make a Zon one and a Quaker one and I can just come pick them up when I pick up the fruit? LOL :eek::D

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
I immediately got dressed to go to the store and pick up balloons!! Haha this is so much fun to make and I bet Pumpkin will go nuts when it's done. I will post pics of the final result. Thank you thank you for taking the time to make the tutorial. Lol I'm such a kid I'm having too much fun!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I immediately got dressed to go to the store and pick up balloons!! Haha this is so much fun to make and I bet Pumpkin will go nuts when it's done. I will post pics of the final result. Thank you thank you for taking the time to make the tutorial. Lol I'm such a kid I'm having too much fun!

Lol!! You're so welcome! I hope you have fun!! It's a bit time consuming, but the end results are worth it!

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
OMG! So doing this! Gold! Thanks heaps :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Ooh I remember how much we loved those when we first saw them! :) Maybe Quigley will share this time? Lol.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Ooh I remember how much we loved those when we first saw them! :) Maybe Quigley will share this time? Lol.

Nope, there's two huts in their cage and she's STILL not sharing LOL

LOL! Quigley is funny. She has to keep one eye on the one she's working on, and the other eye on the other hut because they're both hers!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
:eek: You've rendered me speechless - again, Shirre! This is SO awesome!!! What an excellent tutorial, SO detailed!! :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Shirre, I can't wait to see your safe piñata huts, quakers would be perfect candidates, they love happy huts but most quakers shouldn't be trusted with them.

I can't open the link. Please post pics of your finished project.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Oh no! I'll try to post it directly into here, so I'll have to get it from pdf form to photobucket

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Shirre, I can't wait to see your safe piñata huts, quakers would be perfect candidates, they love happy huts but most quakers shouldn't be trusted with them.

I can't open it either. :(

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
I'm thinking maybe you could just make a Zon one and a Quaker one and I can just come pick them up when I pick up the fruit? LOL :eek::D

Oh so now you have a new addition??? Lol but yeah, I can do that! Lol

Yes I have a new addition, there is another thread titled "I guess Zilla and I have a new addition to our flock" or something like that.

And I know Zilla won't use one, but maybe the Quaker would, so maybe one for him?

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon

I can't open it either. :(

Ok, hold on- I'm almost done with photobucket and then I'll past the pages directly here

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Okie dokie!!! I've modified my original post so everyone should be able to see the instructions now [emoji41]

Most Reactions