Update

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I'm sorry I have not been online in some time. The past couple of months have been very stressful for me. Ever since the beginning of June, I have been working non stop (even working from home). :headwall: I am not having much of a fun summer! I've hardly done much and it's nearly over now. I celebrated my 6 year anniversary by taking a weekend off to go to Florida for a couple of days.:ip::smile023::ap::sailboat2 That has been the highlight of the summer so far. But I hope everyone is doing well.

As for my fids:
1. :rainbow1: Baby the senegal: nothing new, just his usual daily dancing and hostility towards anyone other than me lol
2. :green: Merlin the turquoisine: has become a bit more social with me now that he and Clover have been officially separated for several months now. I think he is upset that she took over his old cage, but she is bigger and needs more room so unfortunately things must be the way they are! But he has become more social with me and he is even sitting on my hand more and he is way more vocal than he used to be! So I'd saying he's doing rather well.
3. :green1: Clover the kakariki: she will be 6 months old in a few days. She's learned how to blow kisses. Since Baby mimics kissing sounds and other noises, Clover has been clearly observing because she mimics our kissing noises now. It's soooo cute and squeaky sounding hahaha and her eyes get the size of a pin when she does it! she's getting big but she is still a diva but a loving cuddly one. She is territorial over Merlin though, so their only interaction is supervised outside of the cage together and they are usually fine unless she jumps in his cage while he is in it, which I try to avoid. But she is doing good too. I just got worried because she shreds the newspaper on the bottom of her cage a LOT so I've given her some foraging toys to help. She still chews it a bit but I change it on the regular. I just worry she will clog up her intestines or something. Also, she constantly dips her food in all 3 of her water dishes at varying levels, so those are changed every day multiple times a day as well. She is a mess!!! But she's a cutie.

:jumping40 How are you all doing? How is your summer? Have you done anything exciting??? And how are your birds doing?? :propeller I miss you guys

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi Rose, it's great to see you here. You were missed! Happy Belated Anniversary, Florida sounds like a great way to spend a weekend!

I'm happy to hear, Baby, Merlin and Clover are doing so well. Clover is already six months old? And blowing kisses, how sweet is that.

Drop in more often, I loved the update!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome back, glad to hear your birds are doing well. Hope your workload will decrease as summer winds down!

Always great to see your smiley-intensive and animated posts!!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Sounds like you had a busy summer! Welcome back. It's always nice to get updates on everyone's fids! ;)

Most Reactions